Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take humiliating Palace in the semi but lose the final?

Guaranteed Palace victory or take your chances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If you were offered it now would you take either smashing Palace 10-1 on aggregate or breaking their hearts either on penalties or a last minute clincher, after being behind for the majority of the two legs. In other words the most hurtful/tragic defeat Palace could every imagine.

Obviously we would lose the final for accepting the Semi final outcome.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Surely all the permutations of questions around the Palace match have been exhausted by now - haven't they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you were offered it now would you take either smashing Palace 10-1 on aggregate or breaking their hearts either on penalties or a last minute clincher, after being behind for the majority of the two legs. In other words the most hurtful/tragic defeat Palace could every imagine.

Obviously we would lose the final for accepting the Semi final outcome.
I would take 10-1 to then lose the final. (I think)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone who chooses to thrash Palace but then lose the final is more of a Palace hater than an Albion supporter.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not a chance. Pretty sure they will just goad us more if that happens to be the case. If whoever wins goes on to lose the final, bragging rights are pretty much nullified.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
But what's the alternative? Lose to Palace and not even get to Wembley. Well that doesn't seem terribly attractive to me so I'll take the deal. And as much as I want to get there, there are worse things than not winning the playoffs. The Championship is an excellent division and we get to win in it a lot. We probably won't be doing much of that in the Premier League.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Anyone who chooses to thrash Palace but then lose the final is more of a Palace hater than an Albion supporter.

this. I dont understand the logic of some people.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We've already humiliated them once this season. I don't give a shit how we get past them - I just want us to get to that final.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
0-10, 10-0 would be great, but ultimately pointless if we lost in the bloody final afterwards!

I'd take a humble 0-0, 1-0, 1-0 thanks!
It's not pointless, it's worth £10m to the club. I'd take a scrappy 1 goal win over Palace (with half a chance of winning the final) too, but that's not on offer.

Not at all. Our club would get £10m, and the greatest ever results in the history of our club. We'd never ever forget them. If we were to get to the premier league in the next few years you can still be sure you'll be telling the grandkids about the 10-1, not the fact that we made it to the top flight a few years later. So we wouldn't get to the premier league this year, well we're probably not going to get there anyway (4 teams, 1 place). We'd try again next year, but nothing would ever take away a 10-1 victory.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Football in the championship is great. I fear that the premier may change our club in a way that gives us less identity with it. I like being in the same division as Palace. It gives the season a bit of spice. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go up, but if we don't, it's all good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here