Dean Saunders - SACKED!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Dean-Saunders-008.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They should sack the players, in fairness.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gus to Wolves?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get the right man and they'll walk League One, get it wrong again and who knows..

Seems Darren Ferguson is the early tip. Probably a good move imo.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, they're looking for their fifth manager in about 16 months. That sort of stability will really help attract a decent manager.

Joke club - their fans deserve better.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, they're looking for their fifth manager in about 16 months. That sort of stability will really help attract a decent manager.

Joke club - their fans deserve better.

Indeed - it always amazes me how quickly you see fans shout for the manager to be sacked ( and there are a few like that on here ) yet the most successful clubs are the ones that don't keep sacking their managers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm glad. Saunders kept saying things like 'the boys were unlucky' when it was clear to the fans that they were outplayed. This was a weekly occurrence. He was never the man for the job. [Edit - ignore what I put here - complete drivel]

They should appoint someone up and coming - in the same way Bloom got Poyet, I am sure there are other young talented assistant managers out there who would be willing to make the jump. With the right man at the helm, Wolves will have the league one title sewn up by March.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was a shockingly bad manager at Wolves by all accounts. I wouldn't trust him with a rebuilding job at any reasonable sized club.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Indeed - it always amazes me how quickly you see fans shout for the manager to be sacked ( and there are a few like that on here ) yet the most successful clubs are the ones that don't keep sacking their managers.

Most successful clubs don't appoint Saunders as manager. Loved him as a player but don't think he will cut it as a manager at this level.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
He did seem hopelessly out of his depth at Wolves and it is no real surprise he has been sacked. I expect they will go for an experienced manager next, prob someone like Alex McLeish.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Always seemed a strange appointment in the first place and every time I heard him interviewed he reminded me in many ways of Kenny Dalglish a couple of years ago in that he seemed like a bit of a dinosaur stuck in the past and unable to get his round the modern game and what it entailed for a manager.

On a separate point, didn't we have a record a couple of years ago of teams playing us and then sacking their manager!! Maybe we'll surpass ourselves this year!!:thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Always seemed a strange appointment in the first place and every time I heard him interviewed he reminded me in many ways of Kenny Dalglish a couple of years ago in that he seemed like a bit of a dinosaur stuck in the past and unable to get his round the modern game and what it entailed for a manager.

On a separate point, didn't we have a record a couple of years ago of teams playing us and then sacking their manager!! Maybe we'll surpass ourselves this year!!:thumbsup:

We played away at Wolves on the last game of the season (in 2006, I think) - they sacked Glenn Hoddle a few days later.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Much as I agree with the sentiment (and believe in loyalty to the manager) it's difficult to ignore that it's not always correct. Look at Chelsea for example, they've burnt through managers but, at the same time, have won everything going.

I don't like it but it's doesn't seem to have hindered them all that much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here