Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brum Gulls

redseagull

Jan 4, 2010
exiled in the Midlands
Having lived in Birmingham for 20+ years , I am fairly sure it's a Seagulls free zone ( apart from a bloke who was cycling up Coldbath road in Kings Heath last week wearing an old Skint shirt who I almost made fall off his bike by shouting seagulls very loudly out of my car window !). Should anyone be climbing out of the woodwork this week , where y'all watching the games ? Or am I going to be alone as usual ?!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There's a couple of Seagulls from Coventry.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Isn't there a seagull over Lichfield on here, or something like that anyway.

I thought this was going to be a dig at Brummy girls(misread the title) and I was going to join in, even though my other half is front Sutton Coldfield :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There are a few Midlands-based seagulls around, although I'm not too sure about Birmingham. I live in Wolverhampton now, having spent the last few years exiled in deepest darkest Dudley.

Every time I go to Telford, I always see someone in a Brighton shirt (not sure if it is the same person, or whether it is a hotbed of Albion fans) - I was climbing the Wrekin a few weeks ago, and saw a bloke near the top in a green and black away shirt.

redseagull

Jan 4, 2010
exiled in the Midlands
Definitely Seagulls in Lichfield ....lived there for years flown to Cannock now ( other lichfield seagulls do exist)
Loved seeing the wolves and other fans faces when i wander round Hednesford tescos with various tops of the Albion!!!

:albion2:
One has to be very careful , particularly when wearing a scarf not to be mistaken for a Birmingham City fan . The shame !

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I know quite a few albion fans in the midlands. I know at least 7 who live in shropshire!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I started a thread on this yesterday, and was just about to bounce it! Been living in Birmingham (city side of Edgbaston) since September. Keen to find somewhere central-ish to watch on Friday and would be great to get a bit of a crowd together - any good suggestions for places to go?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
One has to be very careful , particularly when wearing a scarf not to be mistaken for a Birmingham City fan . The shame !

This happened to me. I had just walked out of New Street train station (wearing my Albion scarf) and some Watford fans stopped me and asked directions to St Andrews :lolol:

redseagull

Jan 4, 2010
exiled in the Midlands
I started a thread on this yesterday, and was just about to bounce it! Been living in Birmingham (city side of Edgbaston) since September. Keen to find somewhere central-ish to watch on Friday and would be great to get a bit of a crowd together - any good suggestions for places to go?

Sorry dude , didn't see your thread from yesterday . There is the 'sports bar' but that's on Broad st which is best avoided on a Friday( best avoided any time tbh!) . I'm in Cotteridge so want to avoid town if possible .

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Sorry dude , didn't see your thread from yesterday . There is the 'sports bar' but that's on Broad st which is best avoided on a Friday( best avoided any time tbh!) . I'm in Cotteridge so want to avoid town if possible .

How about Harborne? The Stores shows footie last time I watched in a pub was The Hillyfields/ it was the Colchester one a few years back (0-0) it was on the TV when I walked in I bought a drink parked myself in front of it and growled at anyone who dared to want to watch the Liverpool game that was on at the same time. As I walked out the door I said you can change the channel now. Not been back since i am sure they will not remember me :)

There is [URL="http://www.johnbarras.com/pub/navigation-inn-kings-norton-birmingham/p0754/?utm_source=g_places&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=places&utm_content=p0754"The Navi in [/URL]

Where ever decided I would recommend checking with the pub they will be showing it and if they mind a load of shirted Seagulls landing to watch.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Harborne would work well for me - pretty close and was planning on meeting up with a friend who lives up that way. He suggested the White Horse as a good place that shows football; will try to check with them if they'll have it on / mind us turning up if I get a chance.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The Stores/ gets a bit crowded as it is small.

And in searching for others came up with the Black Horse Illey nice village pub just outside south Birmingham go there all the time not sure why I did not remember this one..

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Having lived in Birmingham for 20+ years , I am fairly sure it's a Seagulls free zone ( apart from a bloke who was cycling up Coldbath road in Kings Heath last week wearing an old Skint shirt who I almost made fall off his bike by shouting seagulls very loudly out of my car window !). Should anyone be climbing out of the woodwork this week , where y'all watching the games ? Or am I going to be alone as usual ?!

I once went up to a bloke and shook his hand as he was wearing an old shirt in Birmingham City Centre then found one of the cheap sports shops was selling them he probably pinched it! Might be same bloke :)

redseagull

Jan 4, 2010
exiled in the Midlands
White horse is always good for rugby, never watched footie there. I live fairly close to the Navigation so could check that out . There's a pub in Selly Oak called the Bristol Pear which has a number of screens including a separate upstairs bar ... Could be good , could also be full of students !

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
White horse is always good for rugby, never watched footie there. I live fairly close to the Navigation so could check that out . There's a pub in Selly Oak called the Bristol Pear which has a number of screens including a separate upstairs bar ... Could be good , could also be full of students !

Used to be called the railway when I last went in "The Bristol Pear"

Last edited:

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Just called the White Horse - they said it would be on, but probably not on a big screen as they'll have a band on at some point (I guess there's no guarantee of volume either). So maybe not the best option.

Anyone else had any more luck?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here