Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How hostile is Friday going to be?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Clearly there's never been a Brighton v Palace fixture of this magnitude and importance before with so much at stake.

Neutrals talk of this being a somewhat mickey mouse 'derby' and are somewhat dismissive of it, but from what I've seen in the past the level of hate between the two sets of supporters is unprecedented.

Personally I think the atmosphere on friday is going to be absolutely vile and the OB are going to have a job on there hands. Fingers crossed it goes without incident of course and we can stick to talking about the football come the final whistle.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually think it will be far better than last time as anyone who acts stupid will know exactly what will happen

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
All will be fine only 2,000 of us going sitting in one stand isolated by a massive no mans land destroying a lot of the atmos but at the Amex it will be a cauldron of noise and passion

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I always wear my helmet so have no worries------on the other hand its pretty hostile on one NSC thread tonight:eek:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've been told the drummers had his skins tightened and it will be extra loud !

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I actually think the added tension and nerves as a result of the importance of the fixture could nullify allot of the animosity. Even after Friday we will only be at half time after all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've been told the drummers had his skins tightened and it will be extra loud !

You must feel pretty stupid if that is what is needed to create an atmosphere

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Compared to the away play-off tie at the old Den, I expect this to a teddys bear picnic, kept in for ages after the game, and then same tactics to Norwood Junction after all the Palace lot have gome home.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Clearly there's never been a Brighton v Palace fixture of this magnitude and importance before with so much at stake.

Neutrals talk of this being a somewhat mickey mouse 'derby' and are somewhat dismissive of it, but from what I've seen in the past the level of hate between the two sets of supporters is unprecedented.

Personally I think the atmosphere on friday is going to be absolutely vile and the OB are going to have a job on there hands. Fingers crossed it goes without incident of course and we can stick to talking about the football come the final whistle.

Never has been and never will be hostile at selhurst, unless you are scared if a kid with a drum, an eagle flying across the pitch or a paper display saying 'we don't like you very much'.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Compared to the away play-off tie at the old Den, I expect this to a teddys bear picnic, kept in for ages after the game, and then same tactics to Norwood Junction after all the Palace lot have gome home.

How do you think this will work? Will there be a direct train to Brighton
?
I'll need to get back to London Bridge to jump on the tube back to west london.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have we ever met in the play offs before? I assume not. What has been the single most important game between us previously would people say?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How do you think this will work? Will there be a direct train to Brighton
?
I'll need to get back to London Bridge to jump on the tube back to west london.

Same here as I'm staying in a hotel up there Friday. I'm going to make sure I have the booking confirmation to show the police when they try to shove me Brighton-wards. I'd take proof of address to be on the safe side.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
don't think it will be as bad as December. the sanctions imposed mean you'd be stupid to do anything in the ground and not sure the 1260+ brigade have it in them???

Palace chavs outside will have a go and if we win there will be some trouble but nothing to write home about i'd imagine.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove

Has nothing on the games between us in the 70's,MOBS OF 600/700 FIGHTING TO GET OUT OF EAST CROYDON STATION??? THE GAMES NOW ARE A NON EVENT IN COMPARISON:facepalm:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
For the record, I don't hate Palace or their fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here