Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Of Britain's Most Underrated Bands Are Back...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought this was going to be the GLORIOUS rivalal of Blue and their new album.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sounds a little more middle-of-the-road than their previous stuff. Might grow on me though.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Thought their first two albums were fantastic and the third really good, if a little over produced. Some of the best of their last effort came on the 5-track extra CD with the album. Think they were trying too hard with the actual album. Good to see them back though. Will have a listen and form an opinion.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The single didn't grab me at first but after repeated listens its really growing on me. The new album "The Weight Of Your Love" is out July 1st.

The tracklist looks strong, "Sugar" and "Two Hearted Spider" were really good live, but I'm calling it now and will bounce when appropriate, THIS song is going to be MASSIVE:

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I think they are a great band but I'm not sure I would call them underrated. I think by and large they are pretty well respected and I've seem them live a couple of times both playing to an adoring festival crowd and also headlining at a packed 02 in Oxford. Inevitable and initially justifiable comparisons (in my opinion) to Joy Division and Interpol but they carved their own niche and this single does sound the most commercial yet but I do like it.

His voice sounds the best it ever has to me too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To Interpol what Coldplay are to Radiohead. And don't mean that as derogatory as it may sound. Good band, but much less of an acquired taste than Interpol, who have far more depth if you take some time with them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The single didn't grab me at first but after repeated listens its really growing on me. The new album "The Weight Of Your Love" is out July 1st.

The tracklist looks strong, "Sugar" and "Two Hearted Spider" were really good live, but I'm calling it now and will bounce when appropriate, THIS song is going to be MASSIVE:

This does appeal to the stadium rock side of me I must admit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mellotron is right, a poor man's Interpol.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Shit drummer, dull ott attempt of a torch song.
Backwards step in music, and they should move to Australia where that might get them by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here