Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Err...What is the rule again?

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bradford v Burton aside, the first legs this season have been pretty dull and cagey. Should the away goals rule be changed? Would it encourage two open legs? (ooo err)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The whole point in having two legs is to make it even. Away goals are pointless and unfair if you play the second leg at home.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
It gives the advantage to the team finishing higher in the league. (ie if scores are level - the team finishing higher in the league gets to have extra time and pens at home)

That's how it should be.

No change please.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
We would have been knocked out last time had away goals counted so I'm glad they don't!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The question is 'should' they, not 'do' they.

I think extra time is better than away goals, and if it's still level then I could go for away goals rule based purely on goals scored in normal time (to keep it fair to both sides).

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I would prefer the system they have here in Cyprus where all 4 teams in the playoffs play each other twice (home and away). So total of 6 games and whoever finishes top of this mini league goes up. No final just a mini league played over 3 weeks.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I would prefer the system they have here in Cyprus where all 4 teams in the playoffs play each other twice (home and away). So total of 6 games and whoever finishes top of this mini league goes up. No final just a mini
league played over 3 weeks.

Surely by the time we are done the new season will be underway!!

Never agreed with away goals as 1 team always gets an extra 30mins 'away' and 2nd leg tends to be far more open. Glad play offs don't have it. Uefa and FIFA need to catch up!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think the away goal rule is the most pointless shit bollocks made up rule in football.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I think in the event of a draw, the team that finished higher in the league should go through rather than resort to penalties or away goals.

Surely by the time we are done the new season will be underway!!

Never agreed with away goals as 1 team always gets an extra 30mins 'away' and 2nd leg tends to be far more open. Glad play offs don't have it. Uefa and FIFA need to catch up!!
It takes 3 weeks so would be over by 25th May. It separates the men from the boys but obviously without the excitement of a huge Final.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it should go down to head to head records between the clubs that season before a penalty shoot-out, and if that's level then away goals in those head to heads. None of which would help with these ties as it was the same score in both games - but would be fairer overall than potentially getting into the Premier league via a shoot out. Not so bad in a tournament but unsatisfactory way to sum up a whole season.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
away goals rule is intended as a tie-breaker mechanism, counting them as double destroys that mechanism.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never understood the phrase 'away goals count double'. That's never been the case. The agg score after a 2-2 and 0-0 isn't 4-2! Someone just goes through on the away goals rule...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here