Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ID Requirements for Friday

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
What ID do we have to take? does it have to be photographic? Sorry if been asked before......

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
What ID do we have to take? does it have to be photographic? Sorry if been asked before......

"Any form of ID is acceptable" according to Insider on the 'Ask The Club' forum. Which basically confirms the pointlessness of it all. Surely if someone had used a friend's membership to buy an away ticket then they would have the common sense to also borrow their season ticket card or something similar with their name on it. Unless they are printing names on tickets and asking for photographic ID then it's a complete smokescreen. Even then I reckon you'd have had to give police a good reason to ask.....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
There is no chance of them checking, absolutely no chance.

Palace ticket system barely works let alone put names on tickets, so how the hell can it work?

Don't they give the corresponding seat number for each fan to the police? So the police will be able to confirm that a certain ticket belongs to a certain person.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't they give the corresponding seat number for each fan to the police? So the police will be able to confirm that a certain ticket belongs to a certain person.

You've not seen the seats in the AW stand I take it.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Like they'll be able to check that...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ironic that a library card is ok the one time Selhurst might not seem like a library what with us being there.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can I get in with my ARS, Bollox, Groovy Gang or NSK membership cards?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And you think a copper's going to stand at the turnstile with a clipboard and check each of the 2,000 supporters as they enter?

No doubt he does as if that happens quite a view people will still be queueing to get in after the game has ended !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Library card should do fine

Let's be honest, you're significantly more likely to spot a woolly mammoth named Neil walking around Alders in the Whitgift Centre wearing red stilettoes and an FC Admira Wacker away shirt, than a Palace fan carrying a library card.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Ill be taking a train railcard (which I keep in my wallet anyway) so no bother for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Let's be honest, you're significantly more likely to spot a woolly mammoth named Neil walking around Alders in the Whitgift Centre wearing red stilettoes and an FC Admira Wacker away shirt, than a Palace fan carrying a library card.

I thought only 93% of Palace fans were illiterate (either that or illegitimate)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
And you think a copper's going to stand at the turnstile with a clipboard and check each of the 2,000 supporters as they enter?

No, I think they'll check a tiny sample of people in the vicinity, and all they need is a radio to someone with a computer to verify the match.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The only reason I asked if it was photographic is because that is the only way they will know for sure...... cant see the police being organised enough to deal with it and if they do it could take ages to get in the ground...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here