Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal hero LuaLua played with broken finger [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Goal hero LuaLua played with broken finger[/h]11:00am Monday 6th May 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2437968.jpg
Kazenga LuaLua in action against Wolves
KAZENGA LuaLua pulled his finger out to send Albion into the Championship play-offs in top form.
The flying left-winger scored two goals in a game for the first time in his career to clinch a a hat-trick of victories for the Seagulls against relegated Wolves at The Amex.
LuaLua fired his first-half double, despite breaking the little finger on his right hand in training.
His recall to the starting line-up was in doubt until a quick trip to Germany for surgery to repair the damaged digit.
LuaLua revealed to The Argus: “It happened on Wednesday in training. We were playing eleven v eleven and Lewis Dunk fouled me. When I landed my finger went to the ground. I knew straight away I had broken it.
“The doc (Helge Riepnehof) said it was best for me to go to Germany and have an operation. The first thing I asked the doc was whether I would be fit to play and he said I was 50-50.
“After that I asked the guy who did the operation and he said if I had a cast on my finger I could play, so I thought that would be a good choice for me, because I didn't want to miss any games.I still have to be careful, because if I land on it I could break it again.”
LuaLua celebrated his second goal with his trademark somersault, which had previously been banned by the medical staff due to the risk of injury.
LuaLua joked: “I thought it was banned as well! But after the game the doctor didn't say anything, so maybe I will do it again, maybe I won't. It just happened, because I haven't done it for a long time, so it was enjoyable.
“I've never scored two goals before. It would have been nice to get a hat-trick but I'm happy with two.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here