"i dont see that as a reason to not put it out there"

first class american ****, right there.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
"yes people will use it to harm other people"

"i dont see that as a reason to not put it out there"

first class american ****, right there.

My thoughts exactly, of all the items to prove his point he chooses a gun! This young man maybe a contender for a future Darwin award.

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The person who started this used it as a way to show how easy it is to make guns. But what pisses me off is that people seem to think guns are the reason people kill. What about knives, home made explosives, baseball bats etc etc...

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
'Great' way to use technology that could really become vital for production and the continued financial growth of developing countries.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The person who started this used it as a way to show how easy it is to make guns. But what pisses me off is that people seem to think guns are the reason people kill. What about knives, home made explosives, baseball bats etc etc...

A knife is a multipurpose tool, guns only serve one function!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Guns are death at a push of a button, it's the only purpose they serve. Even a child can be a killer when armed with a gun. They really are evil devices.

So we should ban them all when they can be used for sport? I understand your argument, however, that completely ignores the psychology of murder.

But a child can become a killer with virtually anything, a gun just makes killing a little easier. It does come down to a moral argument, which I hate when it comes to ownership of guns.

A knife is a multipurpose tool, guns only serve one function!

What about game management? Rifle sports such as clay pigeon shooting or range shooting? You can take away a gun, but you won't take away a killer's mentality.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
So we should ban them all when they can be used for sport? I understand your argument, however, that completely ignores the psychology of murder.

But a child can become a killer with virtually anything, a gun just makes killing a little easier. It does come down to a moral argument, which I hate when it comes to ownership of guns.

What about game management? Rifle sports such as clay pigeon shooting or range shooting? You can take away a gun, but you won't take away a killer's mentality.

I really should state, I am against the use of this technology to produce firearms considering the potential of this incredible machine.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Agree with all the above. Can I add that the social and employment implications will also be worrying. I visualize machines making everything, computerized vehicles delivering everything. Perhaps we can just spend our time watching the Albion if we can afford it!?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not as much of a worry as being made out. firstly, if you want one, aquiring a working firearm isnt that difficult. certinly not £8k of 3D printer difficult, you could make a similar weapon with a few £000's of metal working machinery. ammunition is still required, something that mitigate airport risks and such (can detect both the metal shell and i beleive the presence of gunpowder). the biggest risk i can see is some kid trying to use £500 desktop 3D printer to create this and finding it explode in their face.

Dec 29, 2011
its not as much of a worry as being made out. firstly, if you want one, aquiring a working firearm isnt that difficult. certinly not £8k of 3D printer difficult, you could make a similar weapon with a few £000's of metal working machinery. ammunition is still required, something that mitigate airport risks and such (can detect both the metal shell and i beleive the presence of gunpowder). the biggest risk i can see is some kid trying to use £500 desktop 3D printer to create this and finding it explode in their face.

Why would a 3d printer explode?
Getting a firearm is certainly very difficult.
The point about bullets is a valid one, however I expect it's easier to produce bullets than guns. Having a gun available easily is just taking out another 'task' for anyone that wants a gun. All they need now is a bullet and they're set to go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here