Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sian Massey for play offs please

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Do you think we'll ever see a female ref at this level? As OP says, Sian Massey is one of the best linos... I also think players are more likely to show respect towards female officials and not give them so much abuse.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Do you think we'll ever see a female ref at this level? As OP says, Sian Massey is one of the best linos... I also think players are more likely to show respect towards female officials and not give them so much abuse.

Sian Massey is a qualified ref i think, and quite a good one at that.

It's quite obvious why she is such a good lino, she is athletic and fast. Most linos are fat old bald codgers.

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
She definitely is a class linesman, although I'd have to say you don't hear much about other linesmen so maybe view is skewed as she gets a lot more attention. Funnily enough been mentioning her in my dissertation, pretty impressive to not just handle the pressure a stadium of football fans puts on you but also the extra media attention she gets and still tend to get most of the decisions right. But, this probably has more to do with the quality of the training of referees in this country in general regardless of gender so almost any referee team would be good enough.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
*edit*

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A bleedin' bird, officiating at Football?! Honestly! They'll be wanting to PLAY next...

:whistle:

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
To be honest most linos are pretty good aswell as Massey, it's only that she's a female why people are so quick to complement.
I don't think there will be a female ref for a while, I don't think the footballers on 250k a week would respect them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If Sian runs the line I also want Richard Keys and Andy Grey to comment on the performance afterwards.

Love the fact that she has turned out to be very good at her job given their comments!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
True, but with all the media attention on her waiting for her to screw up, she has been provento be the best,
Even mouthed yellow card please yesterday , shame the ref didn't listen with Luiz rolling on the floor laughing his
Head off

I do agree that she is a good lino, absolutely.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Pierreluigi Collina would have been the ideal ref for Palace Brighton games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here