Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's warning to play-off rivals Palace [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet's warning to play-off rivals Palace[/h]9:00am Monday 6th May 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2437957.jpg
Gus Poyet congratulates two-goal Kazenga LuaLua
ALBION boss Gus Poyet has delivered a play-off warning to arch-rivals Crystal Palace by declaring “we are a better team.”
The fourth-placed Seagulls’ 2-0 home win against doomed Wolves stretched their unbeaten finish to the Championship campaign to nine games. They now face Palace in the first leg of the semi-finals at Selhurst Park on Friday (7.45pm), with the second leg at The Amex next Monday (7.45).
Palace secured fifth spot by coming from behind twice to beat Peterborough 3-2 at Selhurst and send them down into League One with Wolves but Albion finished three points above their South London enemies. Poyet told The Argus: “When we are all fit we are a better team, because of the table. Three months ago I thought we didn't have any chance to finish above them. Now we are. I think we are better than last year.
“At least we have beaten them once! Last year we didn't and we have finished again above them, so for the fans I think it's great. Now the problem is we have got another two games against them.
“Let's hope it's football, there are no accidents, bad decisions from referees. I hope everything is going to be normal.
“Of course, I want to be on the winning side, no doubt about it. I am going to try my best but I think it's a great time to be a Brighton fan. I don't think in the last 20 years there has been a better time to come and watch this team play.”
Right-back Inigo Calderon returns from suspension for Friday's first leg. Left-back Wayne Bridge will also be fit after resting a hamstring niggle in the last two games.
Poyet said: “The good thing is that we have got all the players from Saturday plus Calde plus Bridge fit, so that is a great situation. There are no excuses, I love that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here