Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: We are the better team

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cheers Gustavo, that's the team talk done !

Not really. Gus is saying that because we finished above palace, we are the better team. If positions were reversed he'd say palace were better.

He talks about like this about the table and which teams are better every year.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
That is NOT what he said!

ALBION boss Gus Poyet has delivered a play-off warning to arch-rivals Crystal Palace by declaring “we are a better team.”

"A" better team is totally different from "THE" better team!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011

ALBION boss Gus Poyet has delivered a play-off warning to arch-rivals Crystal Palace by declaring “we are a better team.”

Does it really matter? When you are talking about two teams, they mean exactly the same thing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Only an idiot would suggest that we are not currently the better team and are rightfully favourites going into this tie. it would be no different if the roles were reversed but football can be cruel and got a feeling there will be a few twists and turns yet.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

Exactly.

Plus, Holloway said this: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10400853.Palace_boss__We_re_stronger_now/ on Saturday night so it is clear both managers are just trying to drum-up confidence ahead of the tie.

Albion & Enagland forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We are a better team. The league table proves that. However, anything can happen in the play-offs so it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get through to the final.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A & The is different however, it's not always hard here to nail down the exact meaning of his grammar, he is from Uruguay so it could mean either quite frankly.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
That's not a proper team talk, there is no mention of tweaking noses and sticking ice cubes in places.

I know which manager I prefer. Gus, or some idiotic pub bore, who tries to appear funny by trotting out lines from old comedies as motivation.
Tweaking the nose of fear and ice cubes is it worzel? you better hope you don't lose Friday or you'll be in a more stickier situation than when sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun EH?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cheers Gustavo, that's the team talk done !

What ? Saying he thinks we are the better team ? If that is the speech that is going to fire up your players for you I can't even begin to think what Holloway delivers before the matches. What a plonker you are.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Does it really matter? When you are talking about two teams, they mean exactly the same thing.

He isn't talking about 2 teams though - just the Albion. We're a better team than last year, and a better team when everyone's fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
“When we are all fit we are a better team, because of the table. Three months ago I thought we didn't have any chance to finish above them. Now we are. I think we are better than last year.

“At least we have beaten them once! Last year we didn't and we have finished again above them, so for the fans I think it's great. Now the problem is we have got another two games against them.

“Let's hope it's football, there are no accidents, bad decisions from referees. I hope everything is going to be normal.

He's right but it isn't going to be normal, (whatever that is). It's the playoffs and there's always drama in the playoffs.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We finished above them over 46 games so technically we're the better side. I think that's the point he's making.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What ? Saying he thinks we are the better team ? If that is the speech that is going to fire up your players for you I can't even begin to think what Holloway delivers before the matches. What a plonker you are.

Thanks for that !
Of course you are the better team, the league table doesn't lie.
But don't you think , just maybe, that the Palace team might just be thinking they have to prove him wrong ?
I know what the reaction on here would be if Holloway came out and said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here