Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I know he did not play in the league game but that can only be a gentleman's agreement as it is not a rule like the premier league. Does it apply to the playoffs and will Palace honour this agreement?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know he did not play in the league game but that can only be a gentleman's agreement...

... or the conditions of the loan arrangement :facepalm:

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
My understanding is it cannot be written in to a loan agreement and it is just a "gentleman's agreement" and if this is correct and I believe it is, then it begs the question, will Palace honour this agreement in such a big game, seeing as they view him as important to the team?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My understanding is it cannot be written in to a loan agreement and it is just a "gentleman's agreement" and if this is correct and I believe it is, then it begs the question, will Palace honour this agreement in such a big game, seeing as they view him as important to the team?

instead of begging questions, maybe it would be better to end your incorrect understanding? its normal, its unusual for a loaned player to be able to play for their signed club. often also prohibit them playing cups, so they arent cup tied when they return. they can lots of conditions on a loan.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't be bothered to read that other thread but Palace confirmed on Twitter on Saturday that he is not eligible to appear at all in the play-offs. Not allowed to play against us and his loan expires before the Final. End of.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
instead of begging questions, maybe it would be better to end your incorrect understanding? its normal, its unusual for a loaned player to be able to play for their signed club. often also prohibit them playing cups, so they aren't cup tied when they return. they can lots of conditions on a loan.
Your lack of understanding of the loan system is pitiful, you cannot write in to an agreement in the football league that a player cannot play against his parent club, it is, as previously stated, a gentleman's agreement. However, it can be written in to an agreement in the Premier League and BTW you are a rude, ignorant **** and I can only assume you are a Palace fan, you act like one!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We should terminate the loan and recall Dobbie immediately, not so he can play for us but because it would be well cool

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here