Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

27th may 1983 wembley - 27th may 2013 wembley

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IF we were to beat Palace the play off final is on 27th may exactly the same date as the 1983 FA cup final replay with Man Utd how weird is that 30 years ago to the day, That's all folks :thumbsup:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I thought the final, where we got beat, was 26th May...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Here's an odd thing. I know that the whole point of the playoffs is about securing a spot in the Premier League but now that we have come up against Palace in the semis my whole view of it has been a bit bent out of shape. Right now I feel like the object is just making sure that we come out on top over that Croydon lot. I'll be so chuffed if we make it to Wembley that I really wouldn't take it too badly if we messed up the next bit.

Is that wrong?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Here's an odd thing. I know that the whole point of the playoffs is about securing a spot in the Premier League but now that we have come up against Palace in the semis my whole view of it has been a bit bent out of shape. Right now I feel like the object is just making sure that we come out on top over that Croydon lot. I'll be so chuffed if we make it to Wembley that I really wouldn't take it too badly if we messed up the next bit.

Is that wrong?

No, not really. It's probably how a lot of fans are thinking/feeling. However, emerge victorious by next Monday night, and they'll probably change their opinion.

Gold thread, by the way. Mr S should have his own section on the site. Chuck the John Virgo one in there for a start...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Gold thread, by the way. Mr S should have his own section on the site. Chuck the John Virgo one in there for a start...

I'm not taken the whole blame though for this one it's partly the fault of the 83 wembley programme giving out false information, I just won't be getting a job as a researcher anytime soon though

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I'm not taken the whole blame though for this one it's partly the fault of the 83 wembley programme giving out false information, I just won't be getting a job as a researcher anytime soon though

Well into the 27th when we got home,our coach driver decided he didn't want to wait for us for the return journey from Wembley,took a bit of time for the 50 of us to get home:facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Is that wrong?

No, not wrong at all. My thoughts will almost definitely change if we get through, but right now beating Palace is more important than the reward if we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here