Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: Caskey (the fella who visits our forum to gloat, bizarrely)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No idea who he is, but what a wanker.

Although saying that:

I had a massive paragraph prepared, then I deleted it.

'Fans' like yourself don't deserve a well thought out reply.

Just enjoy mid table mediocrity while you can.
What a bigger wanker....

edit 2:

Brighton - they'll be back in league two within five years once the novelty has warn off for their new 'fans'. It seems a season ticket at the 'Amex' is this years' fashion accessory, they'll find something else next year. They won't go up in the play-offs, I think Leicester will win it but hope Palace do so purely for the helping hand they gave us yesterday.

Actually, OP had a point, you'll be relegated next season. You were saved by Palace, and that was all.

Edit 3:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That 3 points we managed against Brighton at Oakwell pushed us over the line to safety :p
Are you fans that deluded when you beat us, that they were safe? Or is this kid mathematically illiterate?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
IN FAIRNESS you did VERY nearly go down.

but i agree, he is just a troll. No need for your lot to get so upset about it.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
It's all good fun.

Good luck in the playoffs, even though I hope Palace beat you.... well, they did help us didn't they? ;)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've worked it out and you are going down.

Can Whitey explain this comment?

Barnsley? 5-1?
images

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Why haven't you been back to contribute further to this delightful thread you created in January...?

Here's your chance, anyway: I've worked it out and you are going down.

i remember something similar with someone on another teams message board (think it was this caskey guy) and he's a cock take no notice. It would actually shock me if he really is a brighton fan, i mean i know all clubs have some 'fans' that just do it to cause trouble but this guy is just an idiot. As for comments on there about us going back to midtable mediocracy and implying that our fans will all disapear......jesus get real. Other comments such as beating us 2-1, you guys did play well you're a good side but lets not forget you got a penalty for dagnall pulling el-abd then we missed one of our own! Anyway enough of the past! This guy is an idiot so don't take it against our club. Come on, would you really want to support palace in any situation?! ;)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It amuses me that there are still some ignorant people who think that our attendances will drop back to Withdean levels in a few years. You only have to look at our catchment area to see that is not going to happen but a lot of people, including at least one Barnsley fan on that forum apparently, genuinely believe it.

As for the thread, all seems a bit pathetic as it was one WUM who started it in the first place and they probably don't post on here anyway (or quite possibly aren't even a Brighton fan).

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It amuses me that there are still some ignorant people who think that our attendances will drop back to Withdean levels in a few years. You only have to look at our catchment area to see that is not going to happen but a lot of people, including at least one Barnsley fan on that forum apparently, genuinely believe it.

As for the thread, all seems a bit pathetic as it was one WUM who started it in the first place and they probably don't post on here anyway (or quite possibly aren't even a Brighton fan).

Or you just simply state 25k+ fans could not fit in a stadium of 9k. But mathematics isn't their strongest subject as it appears. Stinks of jealousy in all honesty, and it's a way for other fans to console themselves knowing they either get to the prem to get that amount of fans, or they give them away free.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Caskey is just a troll whose aim is to generate ill feeling towards Brighton.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
It's all good fun.

Good luck in the playoffs, even though I hope Palace beat you.... well, they did help us didn't they? ;)

i also find it quite ironic that you complain about a supposid idiot fan of ours 'gloating' on your message board, yet your picture on here is one of your players scoring against us? pot and kettle like!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Look, the guy is clearly an odious knob and a troll, BUT your forum is not a pleasant place, and has plenty of caskey's type itself. Also, I don't think it is 'bizarre' that he gloated, you lot are exactly the type of club who call us tinpot (pot, meet kettle) and are extremely bitter at our success. You remain the worst team I have ever seen 'play' (as you barely did that) at the Amex, and it is a miracle that you have survived in this league for a prolonged period of time. So why you have decided to come onto our forum and 'gloat' about narrowly affording the drop, due not to your own fortitude, but sheer luck at another side failing, is inexplicable.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Look, the guy is clearly an odious knob and a troll, BUT your forum is not a pleasant place, and has plenty of caskey's type itself. Also, I don't think it is 'bizarre' that he gloated, you lot are exactly the type of club who call us tinpot (pot, meet kettle) and are extremely bitter at our success. You remain the worst team I have ever seen 'play' (as you barely did that) at the Amex, and it is a miracle that you have survived in this league for a prolonged period of time. So why you have decided to come onto our forum and 'gloat' about narrowly affording the drop, due not to your own fortitude, but sheer luck at another side failing, is inexplicable.
As I said, it's all good fun. I assumed he would be a user of this forum, but clearly not.

I don't call you tinpot. I think you're (over my 30 years as a supporter) currently on an upward curve thanks to the new stadium, which has opened your club to investment and new supporters. I know you'll take offence at that, but please stop with the myth that you sold out at the Withdean etc etc every week, or that 17,000 of you were outside trying to watch through the gates.

You were a lower league minnow for years, just as we once had a spell down there, right at the bottom (in the 60's).

It's credit to those in charge of your club, and to those who support your club for your recent 'success'. And of course, Gus Poyet who has done a decent job, even if I'm not quite convinced when his name is put forward for the Chelsea job etc. If I was him, I'd stay put and REALLY build something. Achieve some real success, which is, getting you promoted and establishing you - pretty much as Martinez has at Wigan, another club who were perennial strugglers in the lower leagues but kicked on after the new stadium effect, new investment and new support.

So I'm not anti Brighton or owt. Fair play to you I say. But I have found you a bit aloof when reading some of your posts over the last 12 months. Although, your coversations with Wednesday fans amused me. Trying to outdo Wednesday for arrogance takes some doing, and let's be fair, as deluded as they might be they are an actual big club. Brighton on the other hand, are merely potential. But good luck to you in maybe realising it.

As for digs at my club etc, I ain't fussed. I'm from Barnsley, and as unfashionable as we might be, we constantly punch our weight and give much 'bigger' clubs a good run for their ill gotten money. It could indeed be a miracle that we always survive, or that we've had countless cup runs, playoff finals, trips to Wembley and the Premier League... because at the end of the day, we always do things the right way, against all odds. You don't see us with millions to spend on random foreigners. It's definitely harder trying to succeed in a division awash with money, or clubs with money they can't afford to spend in reality. Enjoy League One, Wolves, by the way. Another 'big' club falls as we again sit safe.

As for coming on here to gloat...? How you work that out? I merely assumed the guy Caskey was a user of your forum. It wasn't addressed 'FAO: Barn Door Billy' was it? Don't be so paranoid.

Your final sentence sounded like it was typed by a Wednesday fan, though. Suggesting we only stayed up because another team won a match... in a 46 game season, you suggest THAT one result saved us. The other 45 were irrelevant were they? I could (as I'm sure any clubs fans could) name a myriad of points we lost due to incompetent officials or whatever, that would have seen us safe weeks ago. But **** it, I'm not fussed. We stayed up on 55 points and rightly so.

I agree on one thing - we WERE shocking at the Amex. The chap in goal must have thought he was still a Seagull... and Keith Hill was a terrible manager. Ah well, we beat you at Oakwell. And we'll meet again next season, perhaps? How gutted will you be if that is indeed true..?

And goodnight.

*can't be arsed replying to anyone else. But I'll be back after the playoffs, to congratulate you should you go up. I'm nice like that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As I said, it's all good fun. I assumed he would be a user of this forum, but clearly not.

I don't call you tinpot. I think you're (over my 30 years as a supporter) currently on an upward curve thanks to the new stadium, which has opened your club to investment and new supporters. I know you'll take offence at that, but please stop with the myth that you sold out at the Withdean etc etc every week, or that 17,000 of you were outside trying to watch through the gates.

You were a lower league minnow for years, just as we once had a spell down there, right at the bottom (in the 60's).

It's credit to those in charge of your club, and to those who support your club for your recent 'success'. And of course, Gus Poyet who has done a decent job, even if I'm not quite convinced when his name is put forward for the Chelsea job etc. If I was him, I'd stay put and REALLY build something. Achieve some real success, which is, getting you promoted and establishing you - pretty much as Martinez has at Wigan, another club who were perennial strugglers in the lower leagues but kicked on after the new stadium effect, new investment and new support.

So I'm not anti Brighton or owt. Fair play to you I say. But I have found you a bit aloof when reading some of your posts over the last 12 months. Although, your coversations with Wednesday fans amused me. Trying to outdo Wednesday for arrogance takes some doing, and let's be fair, as deluded as they might be they are an actual big club. Brighton on the other hand, are merely potential. But good luck to you in maybe realising it.

As for digs at my club etc, I ain't fussed. I'm from Barnsley, and as unfashionable as we might be, we constantly punch our weight and give much 'bigger' clubs a good run for their ill gotten money. It could indeed be a miracle that we always survive, or that we've had countless cup runs, playoff finals, trips to Wembley and the Premier League... because at the end of the day, we always do things the right way, against all odds. You don't see us with millions to spend on random foreigners. It's definitely harder trying to succeed in a division awash with money, or clubs with money they can't afford to spend in reality. Enjoy League One, Wolves, by the way. Another 'big' club falls as we again sit safe.

As for coming on here to gloat...? How you work that out? I merely assumed the guy Caskey was a user of your forum. It wasn't addressed 'FAO: Barn Door Billy' was it? Don't be so paranoid.

Your final sentence sounded like it was typed by a Wednesday fan, though. Suggesting we only stayed up because another team won a match... in a 46 game season, you suggest THAT one result saved us. The other 45 were irrelevant were they? I could (as I'm sure any clubs fans could) name a myriad of points we lost due to incompetent officials or whatever, that would have seen us safe weeks ago. But **** it, I'm not fussed. We stayed up on 55 points and rightly so.

I agree on one thing - we WERE shocking at the Amex. The chap in goal must have thought he was still a Seagull... and Keith Hill was a terrible manager. Ah well, we beat you at Oakwell. And we'll meet again next season, perhaps? How gutted will you be if that is indeed true..?

And goodnight.

*can't be arsed replying to anyone else. But I'll be back after the playoffs, to congratulate you should you go up. I'm nice like that.

Best of luck next season. Sadly this forum is populated by aloof :wankers: as you yourself have found out. Looking at their join date it's pretty apparent most of them didn't give two shits about the club 5 years ago so I wouldn't bother paying any heed to what they've had to say on the forums.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

And goodnight.

To be honest the way some people on here bang on you would think we were Bayern Munich. I think we do have the potential to be a decent sized club but in know way does history suggest that we should be in the top division (unless of course you decide that football started in the late 70's and ignore the fact that the efforts made to get us there very very nearly caused the club to collapse). I for one hope that we are being much more careful with this attempt. The Premier League has broken many clubs bigger than us.

albionite

May 20, 2009
This plank posts on a few rivals sites after a game. A few Watford and Exeter fans dislike Brighton because of caskey giving it large on their forums

This is the latest wind up I noticed from him.

avftt Message Board |

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here