Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is our squads playoff pedigree?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Charlie obviously springs to mind, but what other past experiences do we have to rely on?

For that matter what about everyone else.
I assume Leicester come out on top, closely followed by Palace, with us and Watford in new territory.

(Clearly there's something bleeding obvious making the question pointless, but I'll be jiggered if I can think of it)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who needs pedigree when we have flair ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who needs pedigree when we have flair ?
That is true.
It did occur to me, we're not exactly talking UEFA Cup Final, here.

I was just wondering if say Buckley had any play off action with Rochdale.
I quick wiki to check it was Rochdale brings up this:-

Buckley did not feature in either leg of Rochdale's League Two play-off semi-final victory over Darlington. However, he made an appearance in the final at Wembley, where Rochdale played Stockport County for a place in League One. Buckley came on as a 73rd-minute substitute for Nathan D'Laryea with Rochdale 3–1 down. They went on to lose 3–2

Now Stockport aren't even in the Conference.

Anyhoo, so that's Charlie and Will, anyone else?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bridge for Stains?
Think Almeria may have been in a Spanish play-off (not sure what that entails) last year, so Leo may have done.
Greer played for Swindon in a play-off final

Yoda

English & European
That is true.
It did occur to me, we're not exactly talking UEFA Cup Final, here.

I was just wondering if say Buckley had any play off action with Rochdale.
I quick wiki to check it was Rochdale brings up this:-

Buckley did not feature in either leg of Rochdale's League Two play-off semi-final victory over Darlington. However, he made an appearance in the final at Wembley, where Rochdale played Stockport County for a place in League One. Buckley came on as a 73rd-minute substitute for Nathan D'Laryea with Rochdale 3–1 down. They went on to lose 3–2

Now Stockport aren't even in the Conference.

Anyhoo, so that's Charlie and Will, anyone else?

Gary Dicker was in the Stockport team that day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking we could be a bunch of startled eyed rabbits, (what with only have UEFA Cup Finalists, the last England goal scorer in a major competition, a 30+ million Euro rated midfielder, and an international left back) but it's beginning to turn out we're old hands at this, play off malarky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than their defense, I don't think that Palace have any playoff pedigree
Holloway and Phillips came to mind instantly, so I assumed there would be others.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Gary Dicker was in the Stockport team that day.

He also mentioned Buckley being in the Rochdale team that day and saying that he hoped it would be a good omen. Personally I think strength of character in this play offs won't just come from experience of them before. We're here because many of our players have experience and mental strength full stop. We'll be fine. If we lose it won't be because of lack of that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here