Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen- Abandoned

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Due to a fan having a heart attack, never seen a ref do that before !

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Update: Fan passed away, very sad thing to hear.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It was because they needed to get the Ambulance on the pitch. I think they said this is the 3rd supporter to die in this ground in the last few years, all very said.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sad news indeed for the fan and his family......

However, would one expect that the game should be abandoned? We do not know how long it took to stabilize him and take him away but if it were feasible to re start after the delay, would that not be a better option?

The reason reported is one of respect...but should thousands have their day ruined because of the misfortune of the one? If it was me that was the victim, I would not expect or want the game abandoned.

Call me a stone-hearted so and so if you like, but that is my thoughts on it ......

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sad news indeed for the fan and his family......

However, would one expect that the game should be abandoned? We do not know how long it took to stabilize him and take him away but if it were feasible to re start after the delay, would that not be a better option?

The reason reported is one of respect...but should thousands have their day ruined because of the misfortune of the one? If it was me that was the victim, I would not expect or want the game abandoned.

Call me a stone-hearted so and so if you like, but that is my thoughts on it ......

The ambulance was pitch side for ages, it made sense.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The players would have to have warmed up again after such a hiatus. I'm not sure I would have wanted to have stayed having witnessed his heart attack.

The right decision, I feel.

As an aside, what happened to the match at Hillsborough? Did it get replayed elsewhere? I can't remember.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here