Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice comments on the Amex from Wolves fans

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"The best stadium in the championship by a mile. The atmosphere thing was probably more to do with them having nothing to play for than the stadium acoustics.

As others have said, plenty of room, great service, good products.
Not hard is it?"

Hopefully not for long!!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Always nice to hear, makes me laugh about people complaining about train queues on the way to the stadium. Wherever I go following the Albion I always try and plan it so I arrive 1hr before kick off at the stadium. Even yesterday, finished up our pints and crossed the road to Brighton station at about 11.30, walked straight onto a nicely packed train and was there within 10 minutes. If you leave it till 30 mins before kick off, you're going to struggle, same as anywhere else!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always nice to hear, makes me laugh about people complaining about train queues on the way to the stadium. Wherever I go following the Albion I always try and plan it so I arrive 1hr before kick off at the stadium. Even yesterday, finished up our pints and crossed the road to Brighton station at about 11.30, walked straight onto a nicely packed train and was there within 10 minutes. If you leave it till 30 mins before kick off, you're going to struggle, same as anywhere else!

Sounds like your timing was perfect. We got to the station around 11:45 and were miles back with the queue growing rapidly behind us. It must have extended well beyond the station forecourt.

We eventually got on a train around 12:20 and got to our WSU seats just as the teams were coming out. I suspect a lot of people missed kick-off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds like your timing was perfect. We got to the station around 11:45 and were miles back with the queue growing rapidly behind us. It must have extended well beyond the station forecourt.

We eventually got on a train around 12:20 and got to our WSU seats just as the teams were coming out. I suspect a lot of people missed kick-off.
Some of the Watford players seemed to.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Some great comments and it would be nice to think that fans who have visited the Amex now demand more from their own clubs in terms of customer service.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I was on the next train, we all missed Lualua's first :( The police formed a line in front of us all while they loaded up the Wolves fans

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

I assume you must have been queuing for the train that came after ours. We strolled up and were probably some of the last 20 people before they closed the gates. People were running to the carriages and squuezing in, we just walked to the very back carriage and had plenty of room! We had time for 2-3 more in the concourse and took our seats as the teams were being led out.
We did get told off by a policeman who came chasing up after us on the walk from Falmer station to the ground telling us we were not allowed to drink cans of beer there, something we had done several times over the last 2 seasons. Natural reaction was to neck it and bin the can but he said 'DON'T DRINK IT, bin it'
Literally 10 steps ahead there were a group of 10 people drinking bottles of bud, right outside the stadium, under the noses of about 20 old bill.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You said you boarded a train full which is bullshit. Trains leave half full and leave half full from the Amex.

Complete nonsense but don't let two seasons of sardine-packed trains get in the way of your inflammatory agenda. Bet you're a treat at parties.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania

there was at least a full train load that missed kick off, including 150 or so Wolves fans, when i joined the queue it was almost at the station gates. Upon nearing the front of the queue someone kicked down the barriers and a large number of Albion fans at the back of the queue charged down the platform and literally filled the trai up, meaning those at the front had to wait for the next one which was late anyway.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It was beyond a joke. I thought they would miss KO but it didn't seem so inside. The West Coastway is worse though. We arrived late cause the first train was too full to enter and a queue on Shoreham station.

West Coastway back was great.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here