Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone to Amex Memorial Walk.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I finally took the time, before the game yesterday, to do the Goldstone to Amex memorial walk by Tim Carder. I have been meaning to do it for ages.

For those of you who haven't yet completed it, I thoroughly recommend making the effort and Tim, if you are reading this, thanks for putting it together. I really enjoyed the history, the memories, the magnificent views and even the exercise.

I think the link for the leaflet is somewhere on North Stand Chat for those interested but I am too thick to be able to find it.

D

Deleted User X18H

Excellent, although Hollingbury Golf Course would be a bit scary for me.

Hollingbury is a public course keep to the path and go along by the fort you'll be fine.

I thought Carder could have cut out Hampstead and arranged the walk down the steepest part of The Drove and then along Scarborough Road to PP Station then you walk past the home of a local and NSC legend and the former site of Woodman Marshall printers who's owner was an Albion director in the 1940's

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know it's sad but if you walk up Goldstone Lane and look right towards the houses you can imagine the ground is still there behind you. Sigh!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Hollingbury is a public course keep to the path and go along by the fort you'll be fine.

I thought Carder could have cut out Hampstead and arranged the walk down the steepest part of The Drove and then along Scarborough Road to PP Station then you walk past the home of a local and NSC legend and the former site of Woodman Marshall printers who's owner was an Albion director in the 1940's

I used to walk from the Pepperpot to the Goldstone Ground as a ritual for home matches. It takes three quarters of an hour. I deeply miss that walk, even now. I think for a lot of folk there is also a personal and emotional history involved in this part of our life. I haven't developed a match day process for Falmer due to the reliance on public transport, but I hope to take a long walk from Queens Park for the play-off match, weather permitting. The number 23 bus is just toooo convenient !

D

Deleted User X18H

I know it's sad but if you walk up Goldstone Lane and look right towards the houses you can imagine the ground is still there behind you. Sigh!

Too right Doug. You can smell it sometimes Pipe tobacco, you really can.

The lights from the county ground create an optical illusion at the top of Hangleton, and at first glance look like the goldstone floodlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here