Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police dogs

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Glad to see the police were taking yesterday so seriously, what with their massive presence and 20 snarling police dogs at Brighton station to welcome us back from Falmer. Made me feel so proud.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Glad to see the police were taking yesterday so seriously, what with their massive presence and 20 snarling police dogs at Brighton station to welcome us back from Falmer. Made me feel so proud.

And if they weren't there and it kicked off, you would've been whining about that too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And if they weren't there and it kicked off, you would've been whining about that too.
No I would have expected the police to have handled it easily enough. If they let the Wolves fans get on the same trains as the Brighton fans why would it have kicked off the minute they took their first steps onto the platform at Brighton. We had to stop and go round one of the ****ing, snarling things. Massive overkill mate.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Probably for that 1 Palarse fan we saw about 17:30 at Brighton station wearing his shirt. What a ****!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
. Massive overkill mate.

Bank holiday weekend with nice weather forecast
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out
Wolves kicked off last week and there was more potential for them to be a bit pissed off this week

Do you honestly want another Bournemouth v Leeds ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out
Wolves kicked off last week and there was more potential for them to be a bit pissed off this week

Exactly this. As it turns out Wolves were the total opposite as expected, i expect that the fault of the police for not being mind readers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out

Firstly Wolves are not Leeds and if you really do need the dogs - and I don't see why you do Jevs - then at least keep them back more than 2 yards from where all the fans are passing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out

This.

OP starting a thread just for the sake of it.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
No I would have expected the police to have handled it easily enough. If they let the Wolves fans get on the same trains as the Brighton fans why would it have kicked off the minute they took their first steps onto the platform at Brighton. We had to stop and go round one of the ****ing, snarling things. Massive overkill mate.

TBF that is what happened when we played you last season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out

Sensationalist.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

I am proud of my niece and all her colleagues in the local constabulary who strive to ensure the safety of all supporters of all ages.
They have to be prepared for the worst case scenario with a few knob heads about.
Better safe than sorry, but I guess they can't please everyone.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Last game of the season
Away team relegated
Away location sold out

Don't be daft.

They let all the fans mix on the trains, it was rammed and they had no presence in any of the carriages where it could've kicked off.

The dogs could've been vanned round the corner rather than snarling & slavering on the platforms.

Massive over-reaction

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't be daft.

They let all the fans mix on the trains, it was rammed and they had no presence in any of the carriages where it could've kicked off.

The dogs could've been vanned round the corner rather than snarling & slavering on the platforms.

Massive over-reaction

What's slavering?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i prefered the police horses in and around brighton station yesterday-

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
There was the potential for it to get nasty. Hindsight is a wonderful gift to posess but after last week when Wolves fans kicked off in protest, who know's what could've happened.

As it was, they were a good bunch and in a party mood. it could've easily been the opposite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was the potential for it to get nasty. Hindsight is a wonderful gift to posess but after last week when Wolves fans kicked off in protest, who know's what could've happened.

As it was, they were a good bunch and in a party mood. it could've easily been the opposite.

You remind me of the police just after they have shot dead some innocent law abiding member of the public. They might have had a gun, or a bomb.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hopefully some of the visiting police forces take back some of the lessons from the way supporters are generally treated at the Amex.

I appreciate it's not always nice to see other forces drafted in, with horses & dogs, but the potential and intelligence was there for trouble and better safe than sorry, but Albion and the Sussex police have really changed the relationship with football supporters and treat them as what they are, normal citizens, rather than in the past where any football fan was a hooligan.

Looking at some of the visiting police around the stadium, they all seemed pleasently surprised at the friendly atmosphere and the police horses were happy to pose for pictures.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Hopefully some of the visiting police forces take back some of the lessons from the way supporters are generally treated at the Amex.

I appreciate it's not always nice to see other forces drafted in, with horses & dogs, but the potential and intelligence was there for trouble and better safe than sorry, but Albion and the Sussex police have really changed the relationship with football supporters and treat them as what they are, normal citizens, rather than in the past where any football fan was a hooligan.

Looking at some of the visiting police around the stadium, they all seemed pleasently surprised at the friendly atmosphere and the police horses were happy to pose for pictures.

I am glad you feel like that, I found the police presence on arrival at the Amex from the Station intimidating at best. As for the police dogs and the parade out of the station (Brighton) at the end was nothing more than the march of the guilty. I thought it was so over the top, its surely not beyond the wit of the police to do their job in as unobtrusive fashion as possible. I for one don't want to see them strutting their stuff at football matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here