Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY Sunday Supplement

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Every member of the panel said Brighton will make the play-off final and are most likely to go up...

They believe! Do we dare...?
I absolutely hate the fact that we are favourites...would be interesting to know how man teams who have been classed as favourites before the playoffs have gone up... Much prefer being underdogs...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I absolutely hate the fact that we are favourites...would be interesting to know how man teams who have been classed as favourites before the playoffs have gone up... Much prefer being underdogs...

I hadn't made us favourites, but they made good points. The Zola/gus final possibilty had passed me by, but it would be the dream for Sky.

This. I don't like to ever expect a win... Doesn't feel right.

Although in our League 1 campaign it did become easier to believe once we got the momentum....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well I guess on form only we are clear favourites.

Watford: 3 wins in last 10
Palace: 1 win in last 10
Leicester: 2 wins in last 10

Albion: 5 wins in last 10 and unbeaten in 9

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well I guess on form only we are clear favourites.

Watford: 3 wins in last 10
Palace: 1 win in last 10
Leicester: 2 wins in last 10

Albion: 5 wins in last 10 and unbeaten in 9

Jon, I've said elsewhere that over two legs the best team "ought" to win, a one-off final and anything can happen - in my book, I'm not sure anyone is favourite - I wouldn't like to put any money on anything

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It blows my mind that we are favourites to win the playoffs and earn promotion to the Premier League

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On the basis of the defensive record I would say we are favourites both Watford and palace can fall apart And lose 2 or 3 goals even if we do lose a leg unlikely to be by more than 1. Only concern is our record if we concede first

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
On the basis of the defensive record I would say we are favourites both Watford and palace can fall apart And lose 2 or 3 goals even if we do lose a leg unlikely to be by more than 1. Only concern is our record if we concede first

Hopefully our play off journey will bring an end to that unwanted record

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Wouldn't it be great if our record of not winning when behind ends at Wembley?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We are the favorites, unfortunately. Just look at the form table since Ulloa and Upson have joined, we'd be top of the league.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure I like being favourites. I fully expected us to lose to Palace at the Amex in March, which made victory all the sweeter. This week is going to be horrible.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Wouldn't it be great if our record of not winning when behind ends at Wembley?

Not sure the ticker can take that.. the away game to Palace is a different story of course..!

Talksport bookies just said we are 9/4 favorites, and Stanley Victor Collymore also just said it's us and Leicester in the final, with us to win it.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure I like being favourites. I fully expected us to lose to Palace at the Amex in March, which made victory all the sweeter. This week is going to be horrible.

In my lifetime we've never been outright favourites at the start of a sequence of games (such as league or playoffs) in a manner such as this. Only really for relegation from the Championship! Means that the team can only meet your expectations, not exceed it - while it is easy to lose, which will hurt even more. Not a great position to be in...

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I think this team will respond well to being favourites. It is packed full of experienced and ex-international players who should be used to this status and gain confidence from it.

Believe!!

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here