Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull don't deserve it

Jameson

Hull is hardly tin pot; greater urban area is 500k +. They have a good manager and finished second, why on earth don't they "deserve" it? Does a club have to be liked on Facebook or something to get promoted now? And an Albion hero scored yesterday too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course they deserve it and they've got the points to prove it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
as said, the table doesn't lie

Steve Bruce is a t*** though

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They limped over the line in the end but did enough.

I think Watford may actually struggle and if anyone did not deserve to be in the play-offs it was Leicester- very lucky

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Actually I have a lot of sympathy with the opening post.

Yes they deserve it, stats don't lie. But I thought they were so dour and boring and did little to entertain at The Amex. Goal difference isn't the best, they robbed us on the opening day when we created a host of chances.

I can't help but keep thinking about Kuszsz's error at Birmingham, Casper vs Forest, CMS missed penalty vs Leeds, Ashley's missed pens, inability to score prior to Ulloa........

Well done to Hull, but I'm not sure what they'll bring to the Prem other than being well organised.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They limped over the line in the end but did enough.

I think Watford may actually struggle and if anyone did not deserve to be in the play-offs it was Leicester- very lucky

Trouble is Leicester worry me, everything we don't cope with particularly well, physical, direct style....... Of course this is assuming we can beat Palace, which I've said in other posts worries me immensely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
if anyone did not deserve to be in the play-offs it was Leicester- very lucky

I have a horrible feeling that their luck may well continue all the way to the Premier League :down:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Talk about get out of jail yesterday though....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I suppose the OP would have turned his nose up if Brighton had got promoted in 1991 with a negative goal difference, saying we didn't deserve it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You know this 'table doesn't lie' is a load of shit right?

There is such a thing as luck. Obviously over a season it evens itself out a bit, but not completely. To suggest that everyone's exactly where they should be means that no one should ever complain about dodgy decisions, no moaning about Zaha diving. Hull haven't been the second best team this season, it's just gone their way. But saying that, I don't really think Watford deserve it either, given that they've cheated the system with their foreign loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here