Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New stadium wifi app trial thingy

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Saw numerous people using this in WSU today. Guessing this will become available next season - anyone using it on the trial and is it any good?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only for Android phones at the moment and surely no one will admit owning one of those

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:down: that 3 coverage has gone down the pan at the Amex for the second successive home match. Maybe I won't switch from the equally useless 02 network after all....

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I used it, worked really well with no dips in connectivity. Worth trying to get in on the trial if they're still accepting people.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why in gods name is it just for Android ?

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
For the last few games it was useless but yesterday I actually got it to work. I'll give it a proper try at the play-off game as I didn't have much time yesterday.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've been impressed with it for the last two games. I'm on O2 and get absolutely no connectivity at Falmer so it's a real treat being able to use this clever little app to actually get online.

I was using it yesterday to keep up with other scores and it worked a treat. It is a bit of a battery hog though

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What's happened to 3 coverage - used to be good at the Amex - now get absoloutley nothing ??

Same here. I couldn't even send a text yesterday let alone use the net..

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
What's happened to 3 coverage - used to be good at the Amex - now get absoloutley nothing ??

Ditto, it's a shame as its been almost perfect right up to the Blackpool game....then it just stopped altogether!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Was talking to the guys running the App yesterday, had one of them as a lecturer when I was at Uni, and the reason it's only on Android is because of the way it uses wi-fi. They're using Android's Wi-Fi Direct feature to create a network between the phones, meaning that there's no single Wi-Fi access point that can get overloaded. There isn't, to the best of my knowledge, a simple iPhone equivalent that will allow an app to set up that kind of network, and talking to the guys running the app they admitted that getting it to work on iPhone would be a big challenge, although it's their next goal.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Strange that I agreed to be part of the trial from day one, had a questionnaire to fill out at some point, but never heard any more. Guess I didn't fit their criteria or some such.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I used it, worked really well with no dips in connectivity. Worth trying to get in on the trial if they're still accepting people.

I am in the East Stand, therefore I wasn't required for the trial. :down: I contacted them because I was exactly what they were looking for, S3 user prepared to share the Data consumption. But because I am not in the West, they SHUNNED me. Horrible sods.

Forget their app!!! Who needs it? :cry:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I am in the East Stand, therefore I wasn't required for the trial. :down: I contacted them because I was exactly what they were looking for, S3 user prepared to share the Data consumption. But because I am not in the West, they SHUNNED me. Horrible sods.

Forget their app!!! Who needs it? :cry:

Ah, that answers my query then - I'm a fellow S3 user in the East. Where's the equality!?!? Disgraceful scenes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here