Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Huddersfield v Barnsley game

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
[yt]OZcWwz0kG6Q[/yt]

How pissed off must you feel if you were a Peterborough fan? Apparently he had the ball for two and a half minutes

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
They couldn't believe it on Sky earlier either. Why didnt the ref tell him to get a bloody move on? Bot sets of players were just mulling around knowing that they both had the point they needed.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
They couldn't believe it on Sky earlier either. Why didnt the ref tell him to get a bloody move on? Bot sets of players were just mulling around knowing that they both had the point they needed.

The ball's in play. It's no different from a team knocking it about between themselves.

D

Deleted member 18477

Its disgusting i agree because its unsporting however Peterborough can only blame themselves...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Its disgusting i agree because its unsporting however Peterborough can only blame themselves...

To be fair I guess a lot of the fans and the club's admin will have remembered what happened in the last game of 2000/01 season where Huddersfield could only have been relegated by a combination of unlikely results. They were safe until the 88th minute when Dougie Freedman scored for Palace against Stockport (how has THAT club gone downhill since?) to stay up.

For a while Huddersfield were in the bottom three this afternoon. No wonder once they heard Boro were not likely to get the 3 points that they closed the game down.

Memories of Spurs against Southampton a long, long, long time ago...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Thats not allowed surely? Match-fixing in a way? Find it astonishing that the football authorities allow things like this to happen, what a disgrace. Thats not to say I feel particularly sorry for P'boro because I think things always end up 'right' the way things finish but this just seems very unsporting and just down right poor behaviour.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure what could have been done to stop it? Posh were ahead with seven mins to play anyway. They really only need to look at themselves rather than Yorkshire where two teams scored four goals and took turns dumping each other in the relegation zone all afternoon.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I seem to remember Peterborough wasting plenty of time on TV last week.

But as people have pointed out, surprised ref didn't do anything. Although can he do anything?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I seem to remember Peterborough wasting plenty of time on TV last week.

But as people have pointed out, surprised ref didn't do anything. Although can he do anything?

No he can't.

I don't see what the fuss is, put us in the same situation and you would want to do the exact same thing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ball was in play, not totally unfair on Peterborough as they shouldnt have conceded so late on the game.

Though it would have been great if Peterborough grabbed at late winner instead of Palace, would have made the time-wasting look a bit silly for Barnsley.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I remember Ankergren doing it plenty of times, albeit not to that extent, the season we won League One.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no problem with that at all...kiups did it every bloody game

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Fair play by keeper as ball is in play. Onus is on attacker to chase him down. Surely ref shod have had a word with skipper and said go for the ball.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jeez some people really don't get football that much!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here