Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

30003 Why so low?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The game sold out, segregation looked to be 5 or 6 seats wide. So maybe 150 * 2 = 300 seats removed from capacity. So how does that work?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Weren't too bad though was it? A few 1901 remaining?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
we wont get more against palace, more segregation for the away fans surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There wasn't that many there anyway so attendance stats nowadays are a bit pointless
Of course they're not pointless, they just don't mean the same as they used to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes there will.

Any STH that can't go won't have bought tickets, therefore tickets bought will be a lot closer to the number that actually attend.

That doesn't make more people go. Gazwag asked if there will be more people through the turnstiles, not whether the attendance matched the sales. Exiles will find it more difficult to get to the Amex on a Monday night and I think there will be less children because it's a school night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yesterday's Pretendance was bizarre. I can only think the made-up number was based on two criteria:

1. Be above 30,000
2. Leave room to beat the record again against Palace in the play-offs.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That doesn't make more people go. Gazwag asked if there will be more people through the turnstiles, not whether the attendance matched the sales. Exiles will find it more difficult to get to the Amex on a Monday night and I think there will be less children because it's a school night.

If they can't go, they won't buy a Ticket!
Are you suggesting we won't sell out for a play-off semifinal against Palace?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There wasn't that many there anyway so attendance stats nowadays are a bit pointless
They don't do 'attendance' stats though do they? It's all on tickets sold. Quite why they still insist on calling it the 'attendance' though is beyond me. I guess it's just the tradition.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The game sold out, segregation looked to be 5 or 6 seats wide. So maybe 150 * 2 = 300 seats removed from capacity. So how does that work?

Absolutely amazed at the amount of empty seats in the ground yesterday. If there were more than 28500 I would be surprised.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
both WSU corners were 40% full, plus segregation, so 30,000 about right.

Not disputing that attendance was below capacity. What I cannot fathom is that capacity is, I thought 30750. Take away the 300 seats for segregation and the 30 or so 1901 seats that were still available a month ago and tickets sold should equal approx 30420

Why would the club activate the ticket exchange unless these were all sold, or do they not include complimentary tickets in the figure they give?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not disputing that attendance was below capacity. What I cannot fathom is that capacity is, I thought 30750. Take away the 300 seats for segregation and the 30 or so 1901 seats that were still available a month ago and tickets sold should equal approx 30420

Why would the club activate the ticket exchange unless these were all sold, or do they not include complimentary tickets in the figure they give?

I genuinely think they wanted to announce a 30,000+ crowd but keep it as low as possible to allow it to be beaten in the play-offs where there will be more seats used for segregation.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Because they count people through the gates. I suspect the gate was higher against Blackpool ??? Perhaps Palace as well ???

Gates understated for the last two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here