Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we get to Wembley will it be the biggest game in Albion's history?

IF we get to Wembley wil it be the biggest game in Albion's history?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Contentious I know but what does NSC think?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I can't see any game ever replacing Hereford away as the "biggest", in the sense of so much hinging on the result. Had we lost that, an eternity in the wilderness or worse would have been our fate. If we lose in the play offs this year, we will still have a great chance of going up next year.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hereford was massive but winning the final would put them level I'd say

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
eh! Cup Final (s) !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hereford. Always. Anyone that votes for t'other, wasn't at Hereford or even aware of our plight.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Would Hereford have happened if we'd beaten Notts County in 1991?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
eh! Cup Final (s) !

I thought about adding that but although it was a fantastic couple of days out I didn't think it was bigger as a one (two) off game in it's consequences, than Hereford or a potential play off final. In retrospect maybe I should have added it.

We were already relegated and I'm not sure it had any impact on what happened afterwards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we had lost at Hereford I think the club would have folded soon after.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be no bigger than Blackpool in 78 or Newcastle in 79. Or Notts County or the cup finals. The cup final was a massive event in the 80s - winning it was almost as big as winning the league.

But obviously, Hereford will always be biggest, and I suppose the Doncaster game before it wasn't far behind (in hindsight).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It would be no bigger than Blackpool in 78 or Newcastle in 79. Or Notts County or the cup finals. The cup final was a massive event in the 80s - winning it was almost as big as winning the league.

But obviously, Hereford will always be biggest, and I suppose the Doncaster game before it wasn't far behind (in hindsight).

Given the money involved and the potential to lose both our manager and better players if we don't go up, I think it is a bigger game than the last time we got to the top division or when we failed against Notts County. There really is no guarantee we'll do better in this division next season. We are riding the crest of a wave that COULD make us a mid table Premier League team or maybe even better in the next couple of years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Even if the club still existed after being plunged into non-league with no ground, it's hard to imagine there'd ever have been The Amex or a chance to get into the Premier League. So it has to be Hereford. If we lose in the play-offs, we're still in a brilliant place overall.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Losing against Hereford could very well have killed the club. Losing at Wembley will be devastating but we will always have next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here