Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there weren't lines of stewards by the side of the pitch...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
what chance of a pitch invasion?

I thought it was zero per cent and they totally misjudged the intentions and behaviour of the home fans. However, I'd be interested in what others think.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Agree with you - it just wasn't going to happen today.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I do not think it was about the home fans and more to do with potential trouble from the away fans. It was proactive stewarding, avoid problems before they start.

I do not think it was about the home fans and more to do with potential trouble from the away fans. It was proactive stewarding, avoid problems before they start.
But what was that procession of police all about? Surely, by then, someone had worked out that the Wolves fans weren't going to repeat last week's performance?

As for the Albion fans, was there even a murmur of 'On the pitch'? If there was, I missed it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But what was that procession of police all about? Surely, by then, someone had worked out that the Wolves fans weren't going to repeat last week's performance?

As for the Albion fans, was there even a murmur of 'On the pitch'? If there was, I missed it.

Sad to say, the police will no doubt argue that it was their presence that prevented it despite us all knowing that it was never going to happen. It's precisely this heavy-handed policing that is causing so much resentment from us fans. It worries me the way that we are being policed.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

No trouble as you say, because of a high police presence. And that happened because of what the fans did last week. The club would also have to ensure that they had a high presence of stewards.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No trouble as you say, because of a high police presence. And that happened because of what the fans did last week. The club would also have to ensure that they had a high presence of stewards.

But surely there was no need to give the same treatment to Albion fans? With our club using the pitch in the Play-Offs, not to mention the rather genteel atmosphere at the Amex, it was very heavy-handed.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
But surely there was no need to give the same treatment to Albion fans? With our club using the pitch in the Play-Offs, not to mention the rather genteel atmosphere at the Amex, it was very heavy-handed.

Really do not understand where you are coming from. Trouble last week with the Wolves fans. Means the club needs to make sure they have a high presence of stewards. Then towards the end of the match the wolves fans turn a bit aggressive. The police respond with a high presence and so do the stewards. Now are they there to stop home fans getting on the pitch?Would fans some fans want to get on the pitch if the Wolves fans got onto the pitch? Who knows. But at the end of the day there was no trouble

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here