Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conservative MP Nigel Evans arrested on suspicion of male rape

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
breaking news on SKY..

The Deputy speaker, Nigel Evans, has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault, Sky Sources reveal.

The Conservative MP was arrested this morning at his home in Lancashire.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "He is being questioned over two allegations, one of rape and another of sexual assault against two men, two men who I understand are in their late teens.

"He was arrested at his home and the offences are alleged to have been committed at his home some time between July 2009 and March 2013 . He is still in custody its not clear what the result of the questioning is going to be tonight."

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said that a 55-year-old was arrested in the village of Pendleton near Clitheroe.

The Prime Minister is understood to have been informed of the arrest.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Looks like the Tories Are literally ****ing us up the arse as well as metaphorically.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But when was he working for the BBC?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
breaking news on SKY..

The Deputy speaker, Nigel Evans, has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault, Sky Sources reveal.

The Conservative MP was arrested this morning at his home in Lancashire.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "He is being questioned over two allegations, one of rape and another of sexual assault against two men, two men who I understand are in their late teens.

"He was arrested at his home and the offences are alleged to have been committed at his home some time between July 2009 and March 2013 . He is still in custody its not clear what the result of the questioning is going to be tonight."

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said that a 55-year-old was arrested in the village of Pendleton near Clitheroe.

The Prime Minister is understood to have been informed of the arrest.

Up yours Cameron!

Nope!

I know Dave doesn't need to shave yet, but I'm sure he is out of his teens!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Blimey - When will it all end? Those who are meant to rule us & entertain us appear to be the ones who have greatest difficulty keeping it in their trousers, it would appear.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The Right Honourable Member appears to have been upstanding where he shouldn't have been and pushing his own policies through the back door.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here