Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London pub for play-off 1st leg..

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Is there a pub that any London based seagulls fans will be using to watch the first leg of the play-offs?

Cant make it to the match but would be good to watch it on Sky in a pub with a few other Brighton fans.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Was just about to start this exact thread, Sport's Cafe is dirt, but guaranteed a decent atmosphere with a fair few Brighton and a fair few Palace. Could get nawty!

Another decent pub for football in London is The White Hart on Mile End Rd in Whitechapel, perhaps a bit out of the way though for a gathering? Any other suggestions?

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Sports Cafe is no good.

Sports Bar in Marylebone station, reserve a bunch of tables for a bunch of us? White Hart is a great shout.

Will keep an eye on this, cracking idea

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Sports Cafe is no good.

What makes you say that ? The manager used to be a Brighton fan (not sure if he's there anymore mind) but anyone who was at the carnage with Swindon game might think it to be a lucky venue..!

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
What makes you say that ? The manager used to be a Brighton fan (not sure if he's there anymore mind) but anyone who was at the carnage with Swindon game might think it to be a lucky venue..!

Didn't know that - could change things!

Over-priced warm, flat beer and a lack of atmosphere. Plus on a Friday night it will just be over-run with tourists and/or students.

Fancy going somewhere where I can enjoy the game and bite my nails with genuine fans. Appreciate that's tricky anywhere in London!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The White Hart sounds good. Thats just down the road from me... Watched some Champions League football in there and was a decent place to enjoy the match. Would much prefer that suggestion to the Sports Cafe. As mentioned on a friday night it will be rammed with people not bothered about the game...

White Hart for me then!

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
The White Hart sounds good. Thats just down the road from me... Watched some Champions League football in there and was a decent place to enjoy the match. Would much prefer that suggestion to the Sports Cafe. As mentioned on a friday night it will be rammed with people not bothered about the game...

White Hart for me then!

Think that's a great shout, always liked watching footy in there. What time will you get there? Will see if I can round up some troops and get all the seats in front of the big screen.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Think that's a great shout, always liked watching footy in there. What time will you get there? Will see if I can round up some troops and get all the seats in front of the big screen.

Probably get there from about 6ish..

Would definitely recommend this pub for any other London based seagulls!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone watching it in North London?

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
It is The White Hart by Sainsburys Whitechapel we're talking about, right? Or is it The White Hart further down Whitechapel Road by Aldgate East station?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

White Hart for me then!

I'm in London Friday, clearly was hoping to be at Palace game but now sold out will make my way to White Hart as there's going to be a few Albion there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
God that was a good night.

I remember reading about that on here - almost made me wish I'd been at the Sports Cafe rather than Withdean! Not a fan of sports bars generally but always a good atmos in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here