Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Loved it when this was announced, felt very very proud to be an Albion fan...many in the WSU gave it a standing ovation.

Well done to everyone!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Wolves fans applauded that bit, even before their contingent was announced. Seems to be some rapport between the 2 clubs for some reason. Better than the bog standard vitriol from knuckledraggers.

I didn't realise BHCC had allowed the capacity to be raised above 28,500. I thought we weren't allowed until next season.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Loved it when this was announced, felt very very proud to be an Albion fan...many in the WSU gave it a standing ovation.

Well done to everyone!

For those of you there did that figure appear correct or was there empty seats (apart from segregation). It just sounds made up to push the figure over 30k. Just wondering like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those of you there did that figure appear correct or was there empty seats (apart from segregation). It just sounds made up to push the figure over 30k. Just wondering like.
Empty seats, but it's tickets sold, not bums on seats.

Pretty number :safeway:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It's the age old discussion ... the Albion have now gone down the route started by Arsenal and now most clubs have followed .... Attendance now means seats sold including no shows.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Bloke next to me (STH 1901) shed a tear when that was announced.

I asked him if he was ok he looked at me teary eyed and said:" All those years at Withdean" and that started me off!

Great days!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe they should announce (unofficially) the true figures somewhere would be nice to know for us who love stats.

Agree. I do find this ticket sold approach misleading. There was an article in the papers a few weeks ago detailing the differences at Old Trafford. Some were out by over 10k.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Today 'felt' full in a way that it hadn't before. All the way around the ground. And the vast majority were still there at the end as well, which was nice.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was still surprised how many empty seats there were. It'd be good if people made a bit more effort to get rid of them.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Agree. I do find this ticket sold approach misleading. There was an article in the papers a few weeks ago detailing the differences at Old Trafford. Some were out by over 10k.

Why does it matter?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
The last time I attended a Albion home game with 30,000+ was at the Goldstone,and yes I had a tear too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here