Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What turned the Wolves fans nasty?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Up until about 75 minutes, they were having a sing song, starting mexican waves etc then it seemed they started really laying into Jamie O'hara. Did I miss something? After that a wave of yellow marched out in front of them. So what happened? Didn't see any trouble so it must have been something said prior to the game?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think they were singing at him about his wage and then he made a gesture towards them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What happened? They got relegated (two seasons in a row), they were protesting last week, they are royally f*cked off... think we've all been there?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Up until about 75 minutes, they were having a sing song, starting mexican waves etc then it seemed they started really laying into Jamie O'hara. Did I miss something? After that a wave of yellow marched out in front of them. So what happened? Didn't see any trouble so it must have been something said prior to the game?

Lack of effort from O'hara and the rest of the team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wolves fans were good during and after the game. Not easy when you're paying the players that much and going down.

Dec 29, 2011
Singing, "40 grand, what a waste" or something towards O'hara who retaliated with a sarcastic thumbs up to Wolves fan, probably a "thanks for the money" gesture and then they booed him for the rest of the game and sang "not fit to wear the shirt". etc. Loved them personally, great banter :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wolves fans were good during and after the game. Not easy when you're paying the players that much and going down.

This. Even after the game, mixed fans carrying pints of beer outside the ground and around the coaches and not a hint of trouble.

All the anger against O'Hara. If he gestured, what a dope and insensitive, selfish t*at.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ta for the answers. There was a lot of chit chat going on around me about who scored where and for who!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
we even joined with their chants and booing off o'hara :thumbsup:

JordanBHA

May 1, 2013
A wolves fan told me on the train he went to give his shirt to a kid then stuck his fingers up at him!!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Stephen Hunt threw his shirt to the Wolves fans who threw it straight back him

Yes he did and no they didn't, a scarf was thrown back to him. There did seem to be some words between fans and (I think) Johnson when he went over that caused him to walk away and not give up the shirt, everyone else seemed welcome though.

Has to be said though, the Wolves fans were fantastic today and I genuinely wish them well for next year. I don't think I'm ever heard opposing fans sing that they love Brighton before, or that the ref should send off one of their own. The 'we're going to Shrewsbury' chant was also very entertaining...

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I saw that. That was hilarious - they're really not impressed with the players are they?

There were two of their players who they seemed to love , think it was Elokobi and Sako . Even when Johnson clattered El-Abd the Wolves fans were chanting to get their own player sent off :)

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Yes he did and no they didn't, a scarf was thrown back to him. There did seem to be some words between fans and (I think) Johnson when he went over that caused him to walk away and not give up the shirt, everyone else seemed welcome though.

Has to be said though, the Wolves fans were fantastic today and I genuinely wish them well for next year. I don't think I'm ever heard opposing fans sing that they love Brighton before, or that the ref should send off one of their own. The 'we're going to Shrewsbury' chant was also very entertaining...

Oh I thought it was his shirt but was wrong then , also saw they clapped him as he approached them , also they were determined for a mexican wave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here