Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield United - fans not optimistic?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I am surprised by the number of empty seats at Bramall Lane tonight. Can't be much more than 10k.

Clearly they've gone off the boil lately, but I would have thought that they are big enough for more fans to turn up for a significant match like this one.

:ascarf:

I would rather see Yeovil go up than any other club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Low attendance ... Is it a general malaise, after their awful record in playoffs, and from failing to get auto promotion, despite being the biggest club in the division this season ... many times larger than little Doncaster, Bournemouth and Brentford.

And being live on TV.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was just about to start the same thread. Even if you've been crap all season, who wouldn't go to a play-off semi?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeovil not a bad side football wise in their own half. Seem clueless once they get over the half way line though.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Safe to say if either of these two came up, I think they'd be going straight back down.

Absolutely nothing in terms of quality.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Big deflection caused the goal, but the pro Sheff Utd biased commentary team barely mention it.

To them justice, because the world class Blades should already be several-nil up from penalties.

One of the pens that was waved away was a shocking decision by the sounds of it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My mate is a STH up there. There's nobody giving them a prayer, and not even sure how they made the play offs, he said the place would be empty. They've sold out their away allocation of 1200 or something. Expectations are rock bottom, big financial probs and all sorts of funny stuff going on between Chairman and Chairmans son, seemingly Kitson was unwelcome but forced on them ???

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
i went to the game with my mate whose a Yeovil fan living up north. 15 quid a ticket must be pretty much the cheapest in the country. I reckon Yeovil will turn it around inthe second leg

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Wow. If Yeovil go up, it's amazing to think they'll be a division above big clubs like Wolves / Sheff Utd / Coventry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here