Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra play-off tickets for 1901 club

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
1901 members are getting the chance to enter a ballot for extra tickets for the 2nd leg i.e. if other season ticket holders don't use their seats, then some 'may be' available as an extra seat for 1901 club members rather than being sold to non season ticket holders. Nothing against the 1901 club myself as its valuable income but I'm not sure quite why that privilege is necessary. Seems to me that some genuine fans who can't afford a ST may miss out as a result.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure I read at the start of the Amex venture 1901 members would get priority over all match tickets which clearly has not happened for the play-off away leg so perhaps this is compensation so to speak.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I am sure I read at the start of the Amex venture 1901 members would get priority over all match tickets which clearly has not happened for the play-off away leg so perhaps this is compensation so to speak.

Is that correct about the first leg? I have a 1901 seat and enough loyalty points so thought they qualified. But perhaps that total reflects my season tickets going back to Withdean days. Good point I suppose if it's to compensate as you say.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seems fair enough. They chuck a shed load at the club and from my vantage point in front row WSU and knowing a few 1901ers most of them are proper fans as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rereading my original post, wasn't suggesting 1901 club fans are not 'genuine' as I know that's not true for a majority. But it would be a shame if people bagged extras and used them purely to impress business contacts etc - never comfortable with that. I'm probably not cut out for corporate type supporting 😄

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah no, I wasn't implying that you were saying that. I was just passing comment that contrary to some perceptions most 1901ers are proper fans and with a bit of extra cash are treating themselves to a bit of luxury. And fair play to you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rereading my original post, wasn't suggesting 1901 club fans are not 'genuine' as I know that's not true for a majority. But it would be a shame if people bagged extras and used them purely to impress business contacts etc - never comfortable with that. I'm probably not cut out for corporate type supporting ��

The probability is that around only 10% of 1901 members go to any away games, the rest are just corporate jollies

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
1901 members are getting the chance to enter a ballot for extra tickets for the 2nd leg i.e. if other season ticket holders don't use their seats, then some 'may be' available as an extra seat for 1901 club members rather than being sold to non season ticket holders. Nothing against the 1901 club myself as its valuable income but I'm not sure quite why that privilege is necessary. Seems to me that some genuine fans who can't afford a ST may miss out as a result.

With the amount that 1901s have paid into the club over this and last season I'd say its fair enough tbh, and no I'm not :)

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
I tell you this it won't long before normal season tickets holders will be paying more than 1901 members as they have 5 year fixed price ..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I tell you this it won't long before normal season tickets holders will be paying more than 1901 members as they have 5 year fixed price ..

The 1901 will certainly look value for money in the Premiership, however if we remain there you can see those 1901 people being clobbered in three years time for extra cash

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Very true. But then that was the gamble and the club benefitted from up front cash and commitment. If we'd been relegated back to League One, 1901 membership would be looking hugely expensive.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex

Doubt it !!! £120 a month

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Remember 1901 members had to start with a £1,000 lay out before they even started to pay for their tickets. I used to go to a lot of away games but now my health is not so good I cannot travel too often...but I have a very good home record...missing one home game in 16 years due to hospital visit....Oldham at the Withdean when we won 3-0. I envy those at away games and admire their dedication.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
For what it's worth I'm 1901 and go to most away games and its also a 170 mile round trip for home games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here