Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Festival - Artists Open houses

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As if this month isn't crazy enough with The Albion in the play offs, May is also the fabulous Brighton Festival.

And my favourite bit is the Artist's Open houses.
Its free. Its a great excuse for exploring parts of the city you don't normally get to. And its also good if you like nosing around other peoples houses!

You can pick up a guide book all over the city, and a map, or check out the Open Houses near you here:

http://www.aoh.org.uk/May-2013-home

The city is divided into a number of different "trails" and one of the trails is the Dyke Road Trail

Dyke Road Arts House 6

And at Venue 6 on the Dyke Road Trail is The Station, making its Open House Debut, and featuring this budding new artist.

Home - Nigel Summers Art

Obviously I won't be able to be there when we are busy at the Amex, but the rest of the time I will be sitting on a bar stool from 12-6 and hopefully meeting a load of Albion and/or Art fans. It could be a tiring and emotional month in more ways than one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I used to live in Hollingbury Road in the eighties, right opposite the bloke who started the whole Open House thing. His name was Ned Hoskins and he was an artist or a hell's angel or possibly both.

D

Deleted User X18H

There are a couple in my road. It's all a little bit pretentious to be fair. They wouldn't let me join in something to do with putting the wrong colour on the wrong number.

But good luck with it.

D

Deleted User X18H

Although, I must say it's a great idea to get punters into the sparsely populated Station Pub. Another new landlord what happened to the two treacles?

Oh yeah and the info says easy parking? Don't give the wardens a field day.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's all a little bit pretentious to be fair.

What exactly is 'fair' about that comment.

I just KNEW you would appear in this thread and post something like that.

D

Deleted User X18H

What exactly is 'fair' about that comment.

I just KNEW you would appear in this thread and post something like that.

I'll tell you what is fair . People who try and live unassuming lives in their communities annoyed by others (this has nothing to do with Nigel) who don't contribute to necessary local events and duties such as tidying up the recycling area or attending to their overgrown gardens, but are able to show off their art to all and sundry.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will Malcolm be displaying some art in the 1901 today ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Great to see so many Albion fans at the Open House.

It is a brilliant time to be supporting the Albion to be sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here