Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] A Working Relationship

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
As their two-year shirt sponsorship with the Albion comes to an end this month BrightonandHoveJobs.com founder Gary Peters admitted that the deal has exceeded his wildest expectations.
The local online jobs site was less than six months old when they struck up the deal with the football club, becoming the first shirt sponsor at the American Express Community Stadium, and Peters said that there was an element of a gamble involved but the culmination of impressive local recruitment figures for the football club, the success on the pitch and some glamour club ties have thrust his business to new heights.
Former Albion scholar, Peters, told seagulls.co.uk, “We were tiny when we signed up and nobody had heard of us but collectively there was such good synergy between us, the football club, American Express and with the community involvement.
“Everything added up so it was a loaded gamble which paid off. From my perspective, the impact has been immense.
“The football club brought into our ethos before the Amex was built and as a result we helped recruit over 600 new staff for the stadium. Three months before the Amex opened we were spearheading the campaign to get staff in at the stadium and what sticks out is that 95 per cent of the people hired for the Amex were local, which is pretty unheard of.
“I was at the club as a kid but got released and never made it, so have watched them for years and have always had an emotional involvement. Everyone dreams of playing for their local football club and then I dreamed of sponsoring my local football club – that was the only realistic one for me and even though it was a million miles away, when the opportunity came up in their brand new home it was unthinkable for me. But it came off.
“The success of the football club over the last few years has been absolutely key in ensuring that our brand has been well received by the wider public. You can have as many jobs on the website as you like but if no-one knows that the jobs are there it’s pretty pointless. The advertising and sponsorship has been perfect."
BrightonandHoveJobs.com hand the baton over to American Express this summer as the shirt sponsorship deal moves from the county’s biggest recruitment service to the city’s largest employer, and Peters is committed to continuing the strong relationship moving forward.
“The relationship between us, the football club and American Express has never been stronger. We are one of the best performing job sites for Amex in the UK, which is fantastic, and we are heavily involved with the football club too, when it comes to recruitment.
“Anything to do with jobs or employment is seen as rather grey and boring but we’ve managed to pull together from the community and the voluntary sector to work together within the surrounding areas, to inspire younger people and get them into work and training.
“We hope that the relationship will continue to grow in the future.”
Albion business development manager Paul Rogers added, “On behalf of the football club I would like to thank BrightonandHoveJobs.com and Gary Peters for their terrific contribution over the past two seasons.
“We’ve struck up a very good relationship with Gary and his colleagues and it makes us immensely proud to see their business flourish through a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt sponsorship deal.
“We would also like to thank Gary for his contribution towards a smooth change over between BrightonandHoveJobs.com and American Express. We look forward to working with both businesses in the future.”
Pick up a copy of Seagull tomorrow for a full interview with Gary Peters.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here