Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion urge fans to keep off the pitch [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion urge fans to keep off the pitch[/h]3:00pm Friday 3rd May 2013 in Albion
* Albion have appealed to both sets of supporters to stay off the pitch after the final whistle against Wolves at The Amex on Saturday.

* The Seagulls want the playing surface in peak condition for the second leg of the play-offs.

* Manager Gus Poyet said: "Last year, after the first season at The Amex, they were spectacular the way they reacted.

* "This season it is an even bigger situation. We need the pitch in the best condition possible for the play-off semi-final. We didn't train here this week on purpose to keep the pitch perfect.

* "We are going to come out, say thanks to everybody and then we will see what happens in the semi-final, but please stay in the stands."

* Angry Wolves fans invaded the pitch at Molineux after last Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Burnley which has left them needing a win at The Amex to retain a slim chance of staying up.

* Poyet said: "Wolves fans need to be realiastic and respectful. I would ask my fans the same if we were away and then I am sure the club will do their bit with the security.

* "What ever happened to them we are not responsible for at all, so I don't think we should pay the price."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here