Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up Bridcutt if we don't go up (just a rumour)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just a rumour I heard from a reasonably well connected Norwich fan. No idea if it is true but the guy has no reason to make it up and he was the one who told me a week before it was announced, that he didn't think that there was much chance of Simeon Jackson coming here, when it was apparently nailed on according to many.

I had rather hoped that clubs like Norwich would struggle to pinch our best players once we got to where we are now :shrug:

We really do need to go up to kill off speculation like this ramping up over the summer.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I suspect if we don't go up, there'll be a number of other clubs interested, not just Norwich.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect if we don't go up, there'll be a number of other clubs interested, not just Norwich.

There will be quite a few players subject to speculation but given Norwich's history of tempting our better players, the fact that they could already be making preliminary enquiries makes me hope that they end up getting relegated, which is still possible I believe. Not likely though given Wigan's run in.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What a load of rubbish.

They only got tettey last summer who plays the same position.

Villa could bring him in for Delph whose been awful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say Norwich was his most likely destination. They've done business with us re Bennett and Crofts and they like to plunder the Championship (i.e. Snodgrass, Becchio). All the other play-off teams are in the same boat though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope they've been saving up, Bridcutt will cost £££££££+

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Norwich are plummeting like a stone at the moment and could still be relegated. I can't see them being able to entice him like they did with Bennett. That said, if we don't go up and they don't go down a Premier League club is a tempting offer no matter how poor they are.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I heard that they could soon be looking for a new manager as Chris Hughton isn't liked by the players, and his approach is very negative. Even if they don't get relegated he will likely be on his way.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Norwich have won 2 in 16 and are looking like good relegation betting prospects for next season.......unless?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So our players are good and other clubs want them. Isn't that good news? TB & team will decide if they can afford to lose a player, and for how much. Obviously I hope Liam stays, but it would be weird if no one wanted him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dear norwich and west brom

**** off you scabby twats

Yours faithfully
Dave the mc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England vs Scotland at Wembley 14 Aug 13. If Bridcutt gets picked and has a good game he'll be a damn sight more than £5mill.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I heard that they could soon be looking for a new manager as Chris Hughton isn't liked by the players, and his approach is very negative. Even if they don't get relegated he will likely be on his way.

Is it just me that thinks that he is one of the most ridiculously overrated managers around? Anyone could have got that Newcastle side up, they were far too good for the Championship. I think he should have got Birmingham up last year before the financial restrictions really started to bite and then this year he's taken a Norwich side that were a joy to watch and turned them into absolute cloggers.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Norwich are 4 points off 9th, 6 points off the bottom three. They're above bigger clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. And with regard to the Villa - managed by ex-boss Paul Lambert, they've also conceded 10 goals less.

Hughton's had a winning record at Spurs, Birmingham and Newcastle. And, until recently, a decent record at Norwich. But he's been there less than a year so hasn't really built his own squad. I fel a bit sorry for him in that he's not 'a name' so gets short shrift. Sacked from Newcastle when they were 12th, now they're 17th. Hmmm...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here