Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1,000 Charge Back issued.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I am a writer and I recently completed a project for somebody. Sent it their way, absolutely delighted.

today, had a charge back issued against me for the writing (took the money through PayPal) and apparently I have to dispute this. So much hassle, gah!

It only took a a day or so to complete, but seriously, do people not stop to consider other people when trying to get a refund? This has happened before and it is likely I will win, but still! Too much hassle.

Had the same in retail, customers try their luck through chargebacks claiming 'stolen cards' and the like, even though the person disputing it ends up being the one that actually came into the shop (via CCTV footage). This is a crazy world where everybody is trying to grab money from everybody else.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Point is, people suck for trying to do people out of genuine hard work.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
£1,000 for a days work eh?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Send them a LBA - Letter Before Action - saying that if you oppose their refund request and that if it is successful you will sue them. Money Online - MOL - is very easy to instigate and costs about £80 ( which you get back if you win ). Most people backdown with an LBA.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This has happened before and it is likely I will win, but still! Too much hassle.

And you still use PayPal??

Had the same in retail, customers try their luck through chargebacks claiming 'stolen cards' and the like, even though the person disputing it ends up being the one that actually came into the shop (via CCTV footage). This is a crazy world where everybody is trying to grab money from everybody else.

I work for an agency who has an affiliate network and a cashback site under it's umbrella. The fraud that goes on over both is amazing. Hotel/holiday booking are the worse and allot of them offer free cancellation. So commission isn't paid until after the stay has been confirmed and it's been like that for years. Yet people still try it on! It's a full time job just stay on top of it.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
£1,000 for a days work eh?

Yeah, only happens a couple of times a year. Standard is probably £100 a day at a push. Every so often people ask me to do 'sales letters' and the like, which I do. They are willing to pay a lot more for those if you can do it well.

Send them a LBA - Letter Before Action - saying that if you oppose their refund request and that if it is successful you will sue them. Money Online - MOL - is very easy to instigate and costs about £80 ( which you get back if you win ). Most people backdown with an LBA.

Sadly I cannot go down that route. These people are based in America. Thankfully, I have proof they were delighted with the writing (they said that it was poor quality crap in the PayPal notes). It's just....I hate people trying to rip me off.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
And you still use PayPal??

I use PayPal for around 25% of my transactions, mainly for those based outside of Europe. Makes it far easier for me, and the client. Issue I had before was the person claiming that they didn't receive it, yet I was able to provide a link to their website where it was being used!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I use PayPal for around 25% of my transactions, mainly for those based outside of Europe. Makes it far easier for me, and the client. Issue I had before was the person claiming that they didn't receive it, yet I was able to provide a link to their website where it was being used!

Out of interest how long did it take to get resolved?

I've had issues with PayPal in the past and they've been a pain in the arse!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Out of interest how long did it take to get resolved?

I've had issues with PayPal in the past and they've been a pain in the arse!

Couple of days I think. I am not sure, it was last year! My proof was pretty much undeniable though, hence why it was so fast!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Yeah, only happens a couple of times a year. Standard is probably £100 a day at a push. Every so often people ask me to do 'sales letters' and the like, which I do. They are willing to pay a lot more for those if you can do it well.

Nice one - good luck to you if you can get it!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
This is a crazy world where everybody is trying to grab money from everybody else.[/QUOTE]

or use other peoples photographs without paying for them, :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here