Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City locked out of Rioch

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody's going to do Bruce up the ass...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Oh dear. It seems a shame, and a risk of playing in a stadium owned by another company (I know we don't own our stadium, but the Amex is owned by the same people that own the club). Am I right in thinking that the club were not particularly keen on moving there in the first place?

I believe their contingency plans are either sharing with the local rugby club and doing 'a Withdean' to their ground, or looking elsewhere in the Midlands as a short-term measure (Walsall has been mentioned, which is a trek from Coventry, but at least it is on the M6).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nobody's going to do Bruce up the ass...

My thoughts exactly, and quite right too. Didn't know rectal chastity belts were available in Coventry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest what will happen to the Ricoh if Coventry ground share elsewhere?

Nuneatonseagull

Aug 9, 2011
Nuneaton
As a point of interest what will happen to the Ricoh if Coventry ground share elsewhere?

They are trying to get the rugby team there but failing miserably. There is nothing else for it really! They may just have to go back on their word and open the doors to football again. I was speaking to their youth coach today and he seems to think Cov City will still be playing there next season.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
What's happened to Highfield Rd? Has it been redeveloped or is is moth balled? I think Derby county still use the baseball ground for reserve/youth games. Maybe Coventry should of done the same. They pay over a million a year in rent were as the average for a league one side is less than £200,000 that's the problem.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Latest twist in this one is the the owners of the Ricoh (Arena Coventry Ltd) are saying this story is basically nonsense and the club are welcome at the stadium. Far more to this than meets the eye, I think it is Coventry's owners that are playing a dangerous game of brinkmanship.

Basically ACL & CCFC need each other but the football clubs finances are in such a perilous state after relegation from the championship that they cant afford the rent.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What's happened to Highfield Rd? Has it been redeveloped or is is moth balled? I think Derby county still use the baseball ground for reserve/youth games. Maybe Coventry should of done the same. They pay over a million a year in rent were as the average for a league one side is less than £200,000 that's the problem.

Wimpey Homes
Baseball Ground has also residential housing on it too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here