Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Jeff Hanneman Slayer founder dies from spider bite

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is shocking stuff, all stemming from being bitten by a spider!

"Jeff Hanneman, a founding member of Slayer whose career was irrevocably changed after a spider bite, has died. He was 49.

Slayer spokeswoman Heidi Robinson-Fitzgerald said Hanneman died Thursday morning of liver failure at a Los Angeles hospital with his wife, Kathy, by his side.

The guitarist had recently begun writing songs with the band in anticipation of recording a new album later this year. He had been slowly recovering from what was believed to be a spider bite that nearly cost him his arm after he failed to seek immediate treatment."

[yt]CUDWLp1yIWw[/yt]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sad news and a horrible way to go. Composer of some the brutally tight thrash riffs of all time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is very sad. I was only talking to a friend last week about seeing Slayer as a young lad at the Marquee club. Great band. Saw them 4 times overall and Reign in Blood is a classic album and arguably the best of its genre: "10 brutal songs played at a ferocious speed" is one description.

:glum:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't think they've said there's any correlation between the spider bite and his liver failing, though.

"Robinson-Fitzgerald said it's believed the spider bite contributed to the failure of Hanneman's liver" :shrug:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Very sad. Slayer at the (then) Hammersmith Odeon in 91 was my first concert.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Great shame . The last couple of times I have seen Slayer , it has been with Paul Holt from Exodus. I always assumed Jeff would return at some point.
Now with Lombardo out of the band again , and Tom not able to be active anymore , it will be a very different Slayer the next time we see them .

It's dress down at work today , Slayer t shirts not allowed , so if you see someone at the Amex proudly wearing a Slayer t shirt tomorow , it will be me .

RIP Jeff

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Along with the spider bite he was also a legendary piss artist so that might have been a factor in his cirrhosis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here