Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Away And Our Rights

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Can anyone post a link stating a football fans' rights in situations such as the possible semi final match and ID checks etc.

These rules seem ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised to find I have no rights though!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
This thread is ridiculous

The rights are up to the person selling the tickets, like if a gig says 18 and over only, or World Cup tickets require passports to stop touting. Same with the champions league final one person needs ID in the 2 person party. You have no grounds for anything so stop crying about it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What rules? You have no rights, just obligations.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Jesus ****ing christ. They can make the rules about who enters their property. If they stipulated that you would be banned for a year if you didn't turn up with a Mr Whippy ice cream then there would be jack shit you could do about it.

Dec 29, 2011
Legally can't make you show ID, but can also legally not let you in their ground (private property), so it'd be in your interest to show ID.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

The rights are up to the person selling the tickets, like if a gig says 18 and over only, or World Cup tickets require passports to stop touting. Same with the champions league final one person needs ID in the 2 person party. You have no grounds for anything so stop crying about it

I'm talking about potential stops by police OUTSIDE the ground. Could happen and I'm fed up of being treated like a ****ing terrorist because I support a football team.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm talking about potential stops by police OUTSIDE the ground. Could happen and I'm fed up of being treated like a ****ing terrorist because I support a football team.

It's a high risk match, if it happens,

It will be outside the ground, unless you are causing trouble.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

If an Officer of at least the rank of Inspector believes that there may be weapon carrying or serious violence in a particular area, temporary powers under S60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 may be authorised so that anyone in that area (e.g. near a football ground) may be searched for weapons without the Police Officer needing to have reasonable grounds for each person searched.

can see this being authorised so dont be surprised if there are random stop searches.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Ooh you are a forlock tugger are you not.

So it becomes legal for a Police officer to stop you in the street and demand to see if you have a ticket to the footy and other ID?

Really? And you think this is acceptable?

In reality their is a section ?? Order that appears to allow this kind of behaviour but can be sidestepped if you have the correct answer.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
If an Officer of at least the rank of Inspector believes that there may be weapon carrying or serious violence in a particular area, temporary powers under S60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 may be authorised so that anyone in that area (e.g. near a football ground) may be searched for weapons without the Police Officer needing to have reasonable grounds for each person searched.

can see this being authorised so dont be surprised if there are random stop searches.

OR

S50 Persons acting in an anti-social manner.

(1)If a constable in uniform has reason to believe that a person has been acting, or is acting, in an anti-social manner (within the meaning of section 1 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (c. 37) (anti-social behaviour orders)), he may require that person to give his name and address to the constable. .
(2)Any person who— .
(a)fails to give his name and address when required to do so under subsection (1), or .
(b)gives a false or inaccurate name or address in response to a requirement under that subsection, .
is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Just have to check that against the ticket! Obviously being part of a large number of fans getting off of a train singing will be deemed Anti Social Behavior to request details.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Ooh you are a forlock tugger are you not.

So it becomes legal for a Police officer to stop you in the street and demand to see if you have a ticket to the footy and other ID?

Really? And you think this is acceptable?

In reality their is a section ?? Order that appears to allow this kind of behaviour but can be sidestepped if you have the correct answer.

You can side step it all you want, but if you buy a ticket the terms and conditions will state;

You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.

Therefore if you fail to do so, the following applies;

6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
OR

(1)If a constable in uniform has reason to believe that a person has been acting, or is acting, in an anti-social manner (within the meaning of section 1 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (c. 37) (anti-social behaviour orders)), he may require that person to give his name and address to the constable. .
(2)Any person who— .
(a)fails to give his name and address when required to do so under subsection (1), or .
(b)gives a false or inaccurate name or address in response to a requirement under that subsection, .
is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Just have to check that against the ticket! Obviously being part of a large number of fans getting off of a train singing will be deemed Anti Social Behavior to request details.

Best just to keep walking. Don't entertain the b*****ks.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
OR

(2)Any person who— .

to be fair S50 is mainly used to get names and addresses of groups of youths that are being a nuisance to members of the public.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
These conditions have been set by the clubs, not by the police, according to Darren Balkham. He also states that not every fan will have their ID checked. I wouldn't be surprised that only minimal checking is done on the day. More likely this is an exercise by the clubs to put off the 'undesirables' from even bothering to turn up.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
The club (Palace) cannot make you show ID, but they have every right to refuse you entry, whether for that reason, or for any other reason they deem fit, just as you can decide who you admit into your own property.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An alternative could be buses only and collection of tickets at Pease Pottage similar to what has happened with other fans at high risk games

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Police in football crowd mismanagement shocker! Is anyone remotely surprised? hillsborough? FFS they get Millwall games wrong still to this day as the Wembley semi final showed. So because complete incompetence we now all have to suffer. Its the football family and all that, we have to share the pain. So Leave your democratic rights at home and you'll be fine. Enjoy the retro experience, 80s are back everyone! Pwolice are pwappa twooled up for twoble and anyone looking for it or singing will be banned, fined and beaten cause you're all animals. Animals I say! Think I might give this one a miss...a lot of me hoping it'll be Bolton so I can go to that one! Palace away - more frightened of the police in recent years than spotty finest from Thornton Heath!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here