Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex and Met Police

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They will have to make it a bubble match.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I don't believe that there will be much trouble. In all fairness, the amount of people willing to cause trouble will stay roughly the same, and I think it would be far easier to control it at the final.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I don't believe that there will be much trouble. In all fairness, the amount of people willing to cause trouble will stay roughly the same, and I think it would be far easier to control it at the final.

Not a chance 35/40000 from each club and no trouble living in a dream world i think

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not a chance 35/40000 from each club and no trouble living in a dream world i think

Agreed. He must either be a new fan or high on crack to think there will be no trouble if its a BHA v Palace final.

In the ground would be fine. Pumped atmosphere (to put it mildly) but no dramas. But the route between Victoria and Wembley would be carnage. I can't imagine how they could try and police it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
This is a similar situation to the possibility of a Tottenham v Chelsea Europa League final in Amsterdam. Every plane, ferry & train (hotels, included) to Amsterdam that day would have been 50/50. Which is un-policeable. As would having 30,000 Tottenham & 30,000 Chelsea in the same city, on the same day/night.

Same would happen with this. You either travel via. London Bridge or via. London Victoria. Both routes just happen to pass East Croydon. Again, policing Wembley Way is fairly easy. But policing every train, tube, bus, etc that day is nigh on impossible. It would be a disaster for the Police.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Agreed. He must either be a new fan or high on crack to think there will be no trouble if its a BHA v Palace final.

In the ground would be fine. Pumped atmosphere (to put it mildly) but no dramas. But the route between Victoria and Wembley would be carnage. I can't imagine how they could try and police it.

Around Wembley, you can separate supporters and after the match you can stick 1 train load of Brighton fans on 1 tube and vice versa for Palace, but other than that you simply can't control it. Just be heavy policing around, simple as that - can't do more.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
surely they can split the fans with a barrier and use alternating trains to separate the fans on their way back to Euston

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
:mad:I'M SURPRISED THEY'RE NOT CONTEMPLATING PLAYING THE GAME BEHIND CLOSED DOORS JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE:mad:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
At least we'd go up and not have to play them for at least one whole season. But the Met are experienced and used to dealing with these sorts of fixtures, any trouble will be by a minority I hope.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Naive in the extreme. They can't police the whole of London, there are loads of flashpoints before and after the game for us v them at Wembley. 1) Baker street 2) victoria 3) marylebone 4) anywhere in central london if there's some sort of arranged row between hoolies

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
:laugh:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
erm.....its football? the game children around the world play. Why do grown men feel the need to fight over it? Baffles me :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have said all along that I did not want to meet Palace at this stage as it would mean too much to both sides. But after today's ticketing arrangements emerged I am tempted to say 'Google the Met, I am sure they have had worse fixtures, but Google them, now you can work for your money, you are supposed to serve the public, not dictate'.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After the game wouldn't be so bad as one set of supporters would slope off home while the other stay in the ground celebrating. The losing hollies would have time to set up their ambushes, though.

Far bigger problem before the game. I guess they'd have to have special trains that don't stop at East Croydon for us and make them go to the South of the ground using the overground round to Wembley Central.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here