Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Staying Until 2015: CONFIRMED

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
"Because of that there are no surprises that this stadium has been chosen. We have set very high standards here and I have no issues with it, although I will probably be talking to the groundsman five minutes after the games finish, hoping that the pitch hasn’t cut up too much!"

What he had to say on the Rugby Word Cup matches. Why would he care what happens in 2015 if he isn't here? HUH?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You are right, this really will stop other clubs coming in for him. It will also put an end to the Gus is going to... threads.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He must be staying,or he would have said 'Don't bother me,i won't be here'

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
"Because of that there are no surprises that this stadium has been chosen. We have set very high standards here and I have no issues with it, although I will probably be talking to the groundsman five minutes after the games finish, hoping that the pitch hasn’t cut up too much!"

What he had to say on the Rugby Word Cup matches. Why would he care what happens in 2015 if he isn't here? HUH?

Probably because he was asked and he responded. Nothing in football management is confirmed but Iike your theory.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I'm planning on going to a game there, but it's two years away, I might not be alive, most statements we make about the future are based on the current status quo.

Be nice to think though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

attention-seeker.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mourinho must be going back to Chelsea...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That only leaves us 40.5 hours until we kick off against wolves. Oh why did he give us such little notice?!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
It's a something and nothing statement, but no more flimsy than the ones that convince people he's off.

The whole point of the thread was to show people that doubt him that he hasn't always got one eye on leaving. Let's be honest, he wouldn't have said something like that if he didn't have plans for the future here. He isn't a native Englishman, and to be fair it takes some thinking for him to get out what he needs to say, you can tell that from his interviews. He would not have been able to come out with something like this on a whim. He put thought into what he was going to say. Therefore I am of the belief that he has long term future here firmly on his mind.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The whole point of the thread was to show people that doubt him that he hasn't always got one eye on leaving. Let's be honest, he wouldn't have said something like that if he didn't have plans for the future here. He isn't a native Englishman, and to be fair it takes some thinking for him to get out what he needs to say, you can tell that from his interviews. He would not have been able to come out with something like this on a whim. He put thought into what he was going to say. Therefore I am of the belief that he has long term future here firmly on his mind.

I'm sure he has a certain level on longevity on his mind here.

I just don't see it 'confirmed' in that statement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The right offer, particularly if we fail in the playoffs and he'll be off. I imagine it would have to be a top 6 offer at least to entice him away if we do go up. How long would it take him to build up the infrastucture and style of play from top to bottom that he has here at a mid table Premier League team? Take into account the new training facilities and the fact that he seems, to an outsider, to get on well with Bloom and there is even more reason to stay long term imo. Managing in the Premier League is a stated ambition, get there and he'll be around for a while imo, but he is a Latin and has the temperement to flounce in a way a British manager may not if things don't suit him, so who knows :shrug:

Que sera sera though

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

You do know they've named Elland Road as one of the grounds don't you? Clearly he was just channeling his answer from a future Gus... :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here