[Official Site] Poyet: RWC Bid Credit to Club and City

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
gus-poyet-training-news229-467663_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:20 2nd May 2013
by Will Jago
Gus Poyet said that the successful Rugby World Cup 2015 bid of Brighton & Hove city council and Brighton & Hove Albion is a credit to the city, but also to the club and staff for the standards set at the stadium.
Albion’s home was chosen as one of 13 host venues across the country, and will host two RWC 2015 Group B fixtures during September 2015; which will see South Africa and Samoa both play at the stadium.
The Albion boss told seagulls.co.uk, “It shows the quality and the way that we treat people at this stadium. We have impressed everybody who has come here, from our own fans, friends and away fans. People who have come here for the first time enjoy being here and it’s a happy place to be.
“Because of that there are no surprises that this stadium has been chosen. We have set very high standards here and I have no issues with it, although I will probably be talking to the groundsman five minutes after the games finish, hoping that the pitch hasn’t cut up too much!
"It will be amazing for the whole city and we will have a couple of big games, which I hope I will be able to watch as well.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here