Votes: 66 46.2%
  • No, stay in

Votes: 77 53.8%

• Total voters

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Too close to call after early exit polls. It's like honey badger v crocodile all over again.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
UKIP are going to smash the Tories. Pity they're so wall eyed.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Heart says out, head in. While a lot of what the EU does is barmy, such as the unrestricted right to work anywhere, receive NHS treatment, education, etc, without charge, but there is some stuff I strongly approve of. It pains me that it takes the EU to ban pesticides which are killing our bees, which we depend on to fertilise some of our crops. Yes, it might affect yields, but if you kill the bees, you'll have no yields. Also, while Switzerland, Norway and Iceland may do fine in EFTA, they have no influence at all over the rules. Swings and roundabouts, but on balance, in for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem with the EU is that - for a variety of reasons - we weren't in there from the start. Butter Mountains, Wines Lakes and a flawed financial basis for the Euro would never have got past the UK's scrutiny, so what we've got is a disfunctional arrangement. Fundamentally though the EU is a good idea.

The UK has always had a half-hearted approach to committing to Europe, partly created by politicians too scared of losing votes to 'grasp the nettle'. I hope the referendum will force the issue. A 'Yes' vote for Europe coupled with Scottish devolution might see the Tories remain in power in England for decades to come.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Out , we didn't vote to join a United States of Europe 40 years ago we voted to join a Common Market.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
I think it would be madness, short-sighted, blinkered and whatever else you might like to say, to come out. The whole UKIP thing is built on a lie, although I may be wrong when 150% of the Bulgarian population arrives on my doorstep on January 1st, or whenever it is, and if we don't like the EU as it is, we should be in there to try and change it, and will only be taken serious notice of if we are properly involved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it would be madness, short-sighted, blinkered and whatever else you might like to say, to come out. The whole UKIP thing is built on a lie, although I may be wrong when 150% of the Bulgarian population arrives on my doorstep on January 1st, or whenever it is, and if we don't like the EU as it is, we should be in there to try and change it, and will only be taken serious notice of if we are properly involved.
Very much this. If we ever have to have this debate, the anti-EU people will be blown out of the water.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Beter to be part of something imperfect in places than to close all doors and disappear into the murk of nationalistic loneliness. I'm in.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The Euro sceptics forget to mention the good that being a member of the EU has done for British workers. However, that said, I do think that the EU in it's current format is not working.

I would sway more towards "out" if :-

a) the existing Out lot weren't mostly xenophobic right wing Tories (masquerading as UKIP Members)
b) the above also gave a credible explanation of how British workers and companies would truly from not being in the EU.

With the increased commerce with China, Brazil and other emerging economies, there is a good argument for going it alone however, those arguments are not convincing at the moment.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very much this. If we ever have to have this debate, the anti-EU people will be blown out of the water.

As an anti-EU I'm more than willing to be "blown out of the water" but the debate and referendum needs to take place to be able to do this. There are equally stupid statements from the pro-EU camp about us losing all our trade etc that will also be "blown out of the water" in a proper debate. What really annoys me is the general unwillingness of the main pro-EU parties to actually debate the issue - instead too many of them resort to calling anti-EU / UKIP supporters "clowns", "fruitcakes", "closet racists" etc. That kind of immature debate ( indeed if it can be called that ) shows the insecurity of the pro camp and does their argument no favours at all. In fact it drives people like me to consider voting for UKIP even more.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not a simple question. An EU with fiscal linkage, common currency, not for me - the countries are too diverse. One which has common ties in certain areas where it makes sense, trade, defence, then yes - even farming if it was administered properly and the Italians not allowed to screw the system.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Euro sceptics forget to mention the good that being a member of the EU has done for British workers. However, that said, I do think that the EU in it's current format is not working.

And yet the Unions ( as far away from the "xenophobic right wing Tories" that you can get ) claim being a member of the EU has driven down wages and driven up unemployment, especially for the young.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Bulgarian immigration is a red herring ....... mass immigration has already happened and those self same politicians told us it wouldnt happen then, yet to most reasonable thinking people it was always likely.

There will be an inevitable drawing in from Romania and Bulgaria, crikey hasn't current immigration trends not taught you anything.

It neednt make you a xenophobe or unsophisticated to acknowledge its consequence.

The EU is a busted flush, corrupt and undemocratic, at least I would have thought it could sustain some sort of economic credibility but it can't, it's bankrupt.

I like Europe, have worked and lived there, I want to trade with them, be friends with them but allow me to be independent of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here