Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno sidelined from semi-finals of play-offs [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Breaking news Bruno sidelined from semi-finals of play-offs[/h]10:24am Thursday 2nd May 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2294518.jpg
Bruno has a minor calf tear
* Albion defender Bruno has been ruled out of the Championship play-off semi-finals.

* But he should be fit for the final, if Albion get there, at Wembley on May 27.

* Bruno was forced off at Leeds last Saturday on his comeback to the starting line-up.

* The Spaniard, Albion's first-choice right-back, has suffered a minor calf tear.

* Boss Gus Poyet told The Argus this morning: "If we want to see Bruno we need to go to the final.

* "First it's the injury itself that normally won't heal in that time and secondly I wouldn't want to start a semi-final with a player that after an hour you may need to change, especially the back four.

* "It's not worth it. I know he is different to the rest. He's top class, he has played at the highest level, but let's make sure we do it right and give him the chance to play in the final."

* Poyet is uncertain whether Wayne Bridge will play against Wolves at The Amex on Saturday but Liam Bridcutt will return after both players were rested from the Leeds game.

* "We're still not sure about Bridgey," Poyet said. "If he is allright I would like him to play but he needs to be fit, no risk. Liam is okay, so Liam is going to play.

* "The team that is going to be out there will all be first team players with massive CV's, which shows it is going to be very strong.

* "We don't have too many strikers, so it's not as if we are going to rest strikers and play without any. There are a few places where we don't have too many options and the main players are going to play.

* "It's not going to be a weakened team, there are not going to be seven changes."

* Albion are already assured of fourth place and home advantage in the second leg of the play-off semi-finals. Wolves must win to retain a slim chance of avoiding relegation.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here