Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor ruled out of playoff semi's

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Bruno won't be involved in playoff semi finals due to his calf injury.

Really gutted as he has been great for us, but Calde has done such a good job in his absence I really feel okay about it !!!

I also feel like Calde deserves to be a part of our promotion push with everything he has given us over his time here.

Is anyone worried about Bruno not being involved????

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Not really. Calderon is the better option. But it would have been good to have him in the squad as back-up.

He's become a bit of a sick note.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Really gutted as he has been great for us, but Calde has done such a good job in his absence I really feel okay about it !!!

I also feel like Calde deserves to be a part of our promotion push with everything he has given us over his time here.

Nope not worried. Sorry for him because we all want our best players involved and I'm sure he'd want to be involved. That said, I actually think Calderon is the better option. I think he's a better all-round player who has raised his game with the increased competition (like he did last season to see off Reyes). That and I love Iñigo so may be a tad biased.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Calde deserves his starting place given his recent form. Bit of a blow not to have a player of the quality of Bruno as back up though - especially with Calde being our second best option at left back.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Calde has done well but he is slow in defence. Does it worry anyone that IF we get to Wembley he might be exposed?

No. What's the difference on the pitch between the Amex and Wembley apart from the occasion?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's a shame but I think Calde seems to be more solid defensively whereas Bruno is the better of the two at supporting the attack, so it's not the end of the world. Calde hasn't done much wrong this season

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not worried now that Greer has got back into the habit of actually passing to Calderon.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's a shame but I think Calde seems to be more solid defensively whereas Bruno is the better of the two at supporting the attack, so it's not the end of the world. Calde hasn't done much wrong this season

I had that impression too, until I watched this.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
No worries from me. Calde has been great when he's played this season. Maybe spurred on a bit by having competition for his place with Bruno? I actually think Calde and Buckley link up better than Bruno and Buckley.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
No worries. Prefer Calderon at right back to be honest, and Spanish Dave is fantastic cover there too if need be.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There's most certainly an added layer of sublime class to our play when Bruno is on the field and that can have us as more of an attacking force, i think. Defensively, things can go a bit poo-shaped, but he is there to roam and flick and pull off the nonchalantly extraordinary. Calde has been superb though this season. He's diehard, back and forth, and a threat during setpieces and some of our breakaways. I miss Bruno for this otherworldliness to him, but Calde is his own brand of dynamite and is a thoroughly decent replacement.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does this mean he *may* be fit for the final if we get through? Good news if so, if only to have back-up for Calde.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I personally think Bruno has been more prone to errors defensively, so I'm pleased Calde will be back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bruno has become a sick note. Has he played more than one full game on the turn in the last few months? Been a shadow of the player we saw early season when he has played recently and struggles to last 90 mins. I'd rather have Calde under the circumstances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here