Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just FOUR years ago today........................

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Nicky Forster scored to keep us in League One

Stockport 09 001.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Incredible. Then Gus arriving near the end of 2009....and the rest is history.

Incredible scenes. ...

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
I almost cried at the relief of not playing in the bottom tier again, although much of the hard work to stay up against the odds in the couple of games prior to Stockport. Gary Hart was a legend again in the end of season run. I am glad you posted this, gives perspective, although the majority of us are greedy and want PL football next season!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Harty was the man in that run in . He was incredible . I've no doubt without him we would of dropped .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I miss him. Cultured beyond his years. Wouldn't have looked out of place here last season (or earlier this season). Maybe not now. But I still miss him.

Doug Loft was complete and utter Sh1te. I think you meant to say he wouldn't have looked out of place on a field playing Sunday league.

Andy Whing was player of the season that year. I repeat, Andy Whing.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
And who remembers Slade's "Dad" dance to the goal?

Such slim margins in sport. If we had gone down, would we be at the Amex playing in League 2, or worse?

BTW, my mate ref'd Nicky Forster last week as he's playing for Lingfield. Played a blinder, apparently

Jimmy Grimble

Harty was fantastic in that run in.

Bristol Rovers away that year is up there with one of my favourite away matches.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Doug Loft was complete and utter Sh1te. I think you meant to say he wouldn't have looked out of place on a field playing Sunday league.

:lolol: All about opinions isn't it! I maintain that at times his play hinted at a genius bubbling just below the surface., just waiting to be discovered.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That really was a great escape and I will always be grateful to Russell Slade for keeping us up. Putting Hart and Owusu together upfront was a masterstroke and the reason we didn't go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here