Banned

Knives on Plane in America

0 Not allowed!
    This is pretty old news (couple of months), but I saw no mention here! What surprises me is that they are going to start allowing knives on planes in America again as carry on. Surely this is a stupid idea? Nobody needs to be carrying a knife with them on the plane.

TSA to allow passengers to carry small knives on planes - Travel on NBCNews.com

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members Ken Livingstone Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      There's a certain amount of uproar over here. Frankly it's insane. And although 90% of Americans want background checks for buying guns as a first tiny step toward gun control, to prevent crazies, felons and the like from freely arming themselves to the teeth, Congress turned it down. There's always moral outrage not least from Congress when kiddies, marathoners or innocent filmgoers and bystanders are mown down in cold blood, or planes hijacked or brought down, but the paradox is uniquely American. I assume, like the NRA, the Knife Lobby is just too powerful. As is the Baseball Bat Lobby. You can bring suchlike on as hand baggage now, too.

To recap, you can bring scissors and knives with 3 inch blades on board, baseball bats and other potential weapons, but you have to remove your belt and shoes at the security line.

It's got to be said that the lunatics are running the asuylum. Them, and the illuminati who (of course) are trying to confuse, disorient, and humiliate us. Don't even get me and Mrs. KLS started on the Full Body Scanners. Time to take my Angry Pills and retire to the hammock.
      Aloha from the Hammock

0 Not allowed!
      It's against human rights not to be able to take guns on a plane. No one would be able to hijack a plane if everyone on it had a gun. 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's against human rights not to be able to take guns on a plane. No one would be able to hijack a plane if everyone on it had a gun. 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
      I am guessing you are not serious with that? ;)

In the case you are, surely you would be able to cause a lot of damage with a gun before somebody is able to react?
      Members Ken Livingstone Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Aseros View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am guessing you are not serious with that? ;)

In the case you are, surely you would be able to cause a lot of damage with a gun before somebody is able to react?
      No, I'm sure Trigs is being sarcastic, but the irony is that it's the kind of piffle spouted by NRA and Republican/Tea Party types so half the country "believes" it. Remember, 40% of Amercians believe in creationism. Bless 'em.

Oh, and the Baptists blame the Boston marathon massacre on gay marriage in Massachusetts. That, plus the Conspiracy Theorists who believe it was all staged and have the pix to prove it.

Aloha from the Hammock

0 Not allowed!
      seems a bit daft...........and yet the cumbersome but highly useful pitchfork is still banned.

lets face it when it comes to airports security and anything USA related as such common sense left the building a long long time ago.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.