Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knives on Plane in America

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
There's a certain amount of uproar over here. Frankly it's insane. And although 90% of Americans want background checks for buying guns as a first tiny step toward gun control, to prevent crazies, felons and the like from freely arming themselves to the teeth, Congress turned it down. There's always moral outrage not least from Congress when kiddies, marathoners or innocent filmgoers and bystanders are mown down in cold blood, or planes hijacked or brought down, but the paradox is uniquely American. I assume, like the NRA, the Knife Lobby is just too powerful. As is the Baseball Bat Lobby. You can bring suchlike on as hand baggage now, too.

To recap, you can bring scissors and knives with 3 inch blades on board, baseball bats and other potential weapons, but you have to remove your belt and shoes at the security line.

:facepalm:

It's got to be said that the lunatics are running the asuylum. Them, and the illuminati who (of course) are trying to confuse, disorient, and humiliate us. Don't even get me and Mrs. KLS started on the Full Body Scanners. Time to take my Angry Pills and retire to the hammock. :unclesam:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's against human rights not to be able to take guns on a plane. No one would be able to hijack a plane if everyone on it had a gun. 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
It's against human rights not to be able to take guns on a plane. No one would be able to hijack a plane if everyone on it had a gun. 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

I am guessing you are not serious with that? ;)

In the case you are, surely you would be able to cause a lot of damage with a gun before somebody is able to react?

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
I am guessing you are not serious with that? ;)

In the case you are, surely you would be able to cause a lot of damage with a gun before somebody is able to react?

No, I'm sure Trigs is being sarcastic, but the irony is that it's the kind of piffle spouted by NRA and Republican/Tea Party types so half the country "believes" it. Remember, 40% of Amercians believe in creationism. Bless 'em.

Oh, and the Baptists blame the Boston marathon massacre on gay marriage in Massachusetts. That, plus the Conspiracy Theorists who believe it was all staged and have the pix to prove it.

:ffsparr:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
seems a bit daft...........and yet the cumbersome but highly useful pitchfork is still banned.

lets face it when it comes to airports security and anything USA related as such common sense left the building a long long time ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here